What does flair Mean EXACTLY ?

My mate says gareth bale should have much higher flair than 9 on fm11 because he often runs at players, and when he found out it was only 9 he txt me saying fm11 is daft bale's flair is only 9 tha basically means he never runs at players, is he wrong ? could someone explain please

Personally I dont think that Flair has anything to do with running at people, more to do with how they would go about it i.e tricks, twists and turns.

The runs would be down to, imo, Decisions/Work Rate/Determination/Team Work.

My mate says gareth bale should have much higher flair than 9 on fm11 because he often runs at players, and when he found out it was only 9 he txt me saying fm11 is daft bale's flair is only 9 tha basically means he never runs at players, is he wrong ? could someone explain please

Why open a new thread when numerous people explained what flair was when you raised the same issue in the discussion thread yesterday?

Look at Bale's positions screen. One of his PPMs is 'runs with ball down left'.

That along with his pace, acceleration and dribbling, and other attributes, will mean he runs at players (and manages to beat them) quite often.

I hate cocky people like you.

Like who? If it's Cougar, he's not being cocky he's just pointing out that the OP is spamming a thread about something already answered for him. He could also point out that the OPs use of text speak is banned on the forum.

If it's the OP he doesn't come off as cocky, a bit misinformed and bad at spelling buty not cocky.

That is correct, that is something that sports interactive really should of looked at, very unproffesional from a big company in the game world.

That is correct, that is something that sports interactive really should of looked at, very unproffesional from a big company in the game world.

What?!? Flair doesn't mean that he won't run at players. This question has already been answered in this very thread.

Tactical restraint is your friend, to much flair is ronaldo before fergie had to tell him to pass more.

So Ronaldo no longer has flair? Flair is the ability to pull off the unexpected. Being able to dribble isn't flair. It's dribbling. Ronaldo can still dribble, yet he can still pull off the unexpected with his tricks. Therefore he has not changed as a footballer, it's just the manager's tactics which have changed.

He doesn't have as much as he did when he first went to united, he rarely passed, Dribbling has NOTHING to do with having the desire to round a player after player, lmao. Tricks and running at players are both flair in real life, but without flair ronaldo and messi and co wouldn't be the same as they are today.

Dribbling has NOTHING to do with having the desire to round a player after player, lmao.

That has nothing to do with flair either.

Ronaldo still has as much flair as he did when he first went to Man Utd. Of course he does. He can still pull it off. It's just whether the manager wants the player to spend his time doing tricks round a player 3-4 times, or whether he wants him to be more direct. The manager says how often to pass. Fergie telling the player to pass more doesn't mean Ronaldo still can't do unexpected tricks to go past a player, which is what flair is. Therefore he still has the same amount of flair but his 'creative freedom' is lower, i.e. do less tricks.

In your world if a manager told Chris Morgan to start taking players on would he then have flair?

Just because Gareth Bale is good at taking players on (i.e. dribbling), doesn't mean he has flair.

Wow.

You made a lot of assumptions there which are pretty wide of the mark.

You know nothing about me. You can swear and argue all you want, the fact is you still don't know what flair is. Oh, and your quite unstable.

I particularly liked the "you defend it with your life", and also "flair is desire". Haha. Yes, I am the one who is thick, and can't spell, and doesn't understand what a conversation is. I'm pretty sure you made half of that up.

Archived