Anyone splashed out on a new PC?

Was wondering how many of you have bought new PC's just so you can really power through FM11.

Just spent 650 quid on an all singing all dancing one just so I can run 80+ leagues and really get DLR at its fullest. I know I'm not alone. Probably a bit mad spending that much for just one game though. I'll be paying it off till FM2012. :)

Was wondering how many of you have done the same?

I am actually in the process of looking for a new PC myself...Want to get one that really plays FM well, I posted in the official specs thread about it but no harm in asking the advice of similar folk in my position, I'd say you know alot more than me about the tech side of it.

This is the one I'm thinking of - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/advent-centurion-cpd1303-06273907-pdt.html

I don't just need the PC for FM, but if it plays it extremely well...what the harm:D

While I'm not necessarily against upgrading to play a particular game I wouldn't consider doing so for FM. The reason is that the requirements are so modest, that my hardware which hasn't been upgraded in more than 2 years now can still run the game smoothly enough. Somehow my video card is rated 5 stars for the 3D engine, despite being by far the worst key component I currently have. I could probably run at least the next 3 or so iterations of FM on this machine easily, if I really wanted or had to, with the rate the requirements have been increasing (i.e. slowly). I sure won't complain about the boost FM will get as a side-effect when I do eventually (inevitably) upgrade for a more ressource intensive game though. To each his own. I guess if FM was the only game I play I'd be more likely to optimize my system for it.

Archived