Potentially, the most bizzare (and long range) goal ever almost scored

nice title there, really roles off the tounge..........

anyway, i've been playing some matches with Juve and one match almost had the longest range goal ever. Basically, the opposition attack broke down as Buffon picked up the ball. He then launched the ball the entire length of the pitch and forced a save from the keeper and won me a corner (which i then took) just wandering here, has anyone else actually managed to score from a keepers kick??

My 'keeper is Edwin van der Sar who is almost 39 years of age. He can barely kick to the edge of his area!

Seriously, though. I've never even come close to having this happen. Best I have had is a Nemanja Vidic clearance from just inside his own half that stopped short of the goalline but was then blasted home by an onrushing defender! And it wasn't Titus Bramble or Jean-Alain Boumsong!

Yes - Mark Bosnich of all people!!

Can't remember which version of FM it was on sorry but must have been a few back.

He just punted a long ball forward from his own area and it took a good bounce over their keeper!

Had a defender score as well from his own area. The imortal Efe Sodje....big hoof forward and it just kept on going! Again on an older version of FM but will live long in the memory!

lol good to hear, it reminds of one time i was playing agianst Nots Forest (sorry for the diar spelling lol), i won a corner, took it aimed at the far post.

The ball evaded all of my players, apart from thier right back, who then preceded to shoot on the volley at my goal, even when my keeper was in it. It shaved the post... but i genuinely wanted it to go in lol

I remember i was deportivo manager a few years back and in my first season there I conceded a bizarre goal to petri pasanen who was just outside his own box. Then, a season later, he repeated the act from his own half and scored a belter with my goalkeeper standing in no mans land. I signed him in the nexty transfer window, but he never scored for me icon_mad.gif

I had a few of my left backs from their own half do it over the years. Riise was the last I think. Aurellio managed one just infront of the half way line.

Saw one keeper score, a clearance over a goalie who was too far out his area.

Marco Cassetti scored from inside our penalty box. He just smashed it straight into the goal. I think it's the hardest shot I've seen on FM. The commentary stated it was 95 yards. I saved the pkm if anyone wants to see it.

Once upon a time, I conceded a corner.

My centre-back got to the cross, heading it down towards my winger.

On a whim, the winger decided he would volley the ball from within his own penalty area.

It was a rocket, it flew with an almost flat trajectory straight at the top corner of the net at the other end of the field.

The keeper managed to save it, but it think it hit him in the face, because he was incapacitated for a few minutes. This was enough time for my winger to sprint the length of the field, dribble past the prostrate keeper and tap the ball into the net.

lol i was in the 4th round of the league cup vs blackburn as sheffield utd, i was down 3-0 at half time, my halftime talk was set to 'question teams pride' they came back to 3-3, and it was +4 mins on extra time i had a corner, paddy kenny came up, ball was swung in dropped to hes feet just outside the box and blasted in a goal at 94:04.

i went absoloutly mad.

Last year I scored from a goalie kick. It was the last few minutes of a cup match and thier keeper came forward for a corner to try and score as I was 3-2 up.

The corner was then taken and my keeper jumped and caught it. He waited for everyone to get out the area then he just hoofed the ball up the pitch and it went in with the opposition keeper halfway into his half.

Yes, it has happened to me as well: Oscar Ustari in the Champions League Group stages for Arsenal against HSV in 2017, but I can definitely recall that it was a bug because the opposition goalkeeper did some sort of weird movement which made the ball go in. It probably hit a rock on the pitch ...

Guest arrogantio

I remember in CM4 when an average fullback lobbed the keeper twice from deep inside his own half. Then again, the keeper in question was David Seaman...

Archived