How much should we be paying the agents?

Playing in League One, what I think is great is the diffrentiation between players that have agents and those that don't. Not only do you avoid having to pay the additional fee, I have also found (in my extremely limited two hour playthrough so far) that players without agents are a lot more willing to negotiate.

To the OP, I'm afraid I have no advice to offer. The money required seems to vary wildly, and seems more dependent upon the reputation of the player, and the willingness of the agent, than on the transfer fee.

I take it there is not an option to tell an agent that you will not be paying him a penny as he has not acted on your behalf (if I was using the agent to sell a player then I'll pay up) & if he wants money he needs to speak to his client.

There are still clubs in the lower professional divisions that refuse to pay agent fees when signing players & it'll be disappointing to hear that SI havn't fully replicated real life business dealings.

Edit: does my post show 'acted' twice in the same sentence?

I take it there is not an option to tell an agent that you will not be paying him a penny as he has not acted on your behalf (if I was using the agent to sell a player then I'll pay up) & if he wants money he needs to speak to his client.

There are still clubs in the lower professional divisions that refuse to pay agent fees when signing players & it'll be disappointing to hear that SI havn't fully replicated real life business dealings.

Edit: does my post show 'acted' twice in the same sentence?

I'm not quite sure what you mean; there is the option to set 'fee to agent' at £0, which would replicate what you want. However, expect to miss out on a lot of players that way, as I'm sure those clubs that do this in real life (such as Dagenham & Redbridge) probably do. Alternatively, you can restrict yourself to only approaching players that don't have agents, which will achieve the same result.

It depends. Also, if an agent has a higher "Agent Fee Demands" rating he'll ask for more. I have problems with one agent like that, he has 4 of my Leeds players. He dislikes Grayson. But he likes me because I gave Nunez a contract.

This should give you an idea of how much agents earn. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/30/david-conn-premier-league-agents

What I can tell you are the usual figures irl.

The agent remuneration is always calculated as a percentage of the player's remuneration over his whole contract.

Usually the agent can expect to receive something in between 7 and 10 percent of that. I.e. a player making 2 millions (incl. estimated bonuses and signing-fee, which btw isn't that common at all irl) each year and signing a 4 year contract will lead to the agent making 700-800k, usually paid in instalments over the contract duration as well.

If a player moves for free or for cheap (especially when due to a release clause) then the percentage may as well be higher in some cases.

hth :)

I'm not quite sure what you mean; there is the option to set 'fee to agent' at £0, which would replicate what you want. However, expect to miss out on a lot of players that way, as I'm sure those clubs that do this in real life (such as Dagenham & Redbridge) probably do. Alternatively, you can restrict yourself to only approaching players that don't have agents, which will achieve the same result.

Considering you're not sure you pretty much nailed the answer, I was concerned that SI had introduced agent fees without thinking about the ever growing number of clubs that refuse to pay agent fees so I'm glad to hear that there is a no fee option.

Considering your not sure you pretty much nailed the answer, I was concerned that SI had introduced agent fees without thinking about the ever growing number of clubs that refuse to pay agent fees so I'm glad to hear that there is a no fee option.

Good stuff! Yes the agents fee is just another fee to be negotiated; you can set it as high or as low as you want, but it will of course have an impact on whether or not the player agrees to sign for you.

I refuse to pay agents much (don't mind a small fee as they are helping a players career)

Of course, my main worry would be, the new agent module will cause me to loose my youths due to my refusal to pay high amounts for such things

Hopefully we'll be able to influence our youths into having no agents, or having agents that have a good relation with us or our clubs

Rooney's agent wanted £12.5m just to sign a new deal for me as Man U. Tried to sign Chiellini and De Rossi and theirs wanted around £20m agent fee as well...tried to negiotiate it down to a reasonable level but wasnt happening. Also certain agents seem to be VERY specific about their players having low minimum release fee clauses for some reason, there's just no removing it or even making it higher.

Clearly some tweaking needed in a patch.

Torres agent £19.5m. AndTorres' signing on fee was a tiny £15m.

I refuse to pay agents much (don't mind a small fee as they are helping a players career)

Of course, my main worry would be, the new agent module will cause me to loose my youths due to my refusal to pay high amounts for such things

Hopefully we'll be able to influence our youths into having no agents, or having agents that have a good relation with us or our clubs

As long as you have agents in the game that shouldn't be possible. It's impossible irl and in the game the whole feature would be pointless if you could get around the agents.

Also certain agents seem to be VERY specific about their players having low minimum release fee clauses for some reason, there's just no removing it or even making it higher.

Clearly some tweaking needed in a patch.

I agree I wanted to renew Gomes' contract for Spurs because he wanted to move after I rejected two enquiries for him and his agent kept asking for a €5.5m release clause to be included. Might as well sell him right away with a silly clause like that... At least I managed to talk Gomes out of leaving (for now) using the private chat feature.

As long as you have agents in the game that shouldn't be possible. It's impossible irl and in the game the whole feature would be pointless if you could get around the agents.

As long as it happens with the ai as well. I dont want to be losing my best players only to find out none of the other top players have low release clauses.

This should give you an idea of how much agents earn. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/30/david-conn-premier-league-agents

From this article the average demand per agent is about 90k, However it does state that Wayne Bridge's transfer was 900k.

The article also states

The Premier League explained that the payments were made by clubs directly to agents for bringing players in, renegotiating their contracts or for facilitating their sale.

Payments to agents for negotiating salary packages must come out of the players' wages, under Football Association regulations, but clubs can pay the agents on the players' behalf as an administrative service.

Maybe this means that the administration fee by the agent is non negotiable?

Combined demands of nearly £40m for signing on fees and agents fees are ridiculous, it happened to me with Man U as well with De Rossi and Chiellini like I said above. Bear in mind the transfer fees for the two were only like £36m and £30m as well, and it looks even more silly.

Needs to be fixed asap.

for man city i went to buy aguero his sign on fee was 17 million the transfer fee was 52 million and the agent fee was 19 million

well...seeing the thread about agents, i have no answer about the question from top, but i want to ask you all this: has anyone found how to see a list of the agents in the game? like search from somewhere? out of all the implemeted things, this interests me the most, agents...but i can not search for any or see a list with all of them...someone to help me, please?

Didn't say "get around it", only "influence"

I would imagine that alot of clubs try and influence who their youths use as agents

Not saying they will always succeed mind you

"Manchester City, who spent around £170m in transfer fees during the year, under the ownership of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, were by some distance the largest spenders, paying out £12.9m in agents' fees."

So, the agent fees in FM are pretty ridiculous. I'm assuming it'll be fixed by February...

tried to sign Shawcross and the agent got impatient after only 3 or 4 rounds of negotiations. the agent now refuses to deal with me, stating his client doesn't want to due to the talks breaking down last time. The agent screen says he hates me, but shawcross says he is hoping to impress me in the next match. Seems like the client likes me, the agent doesn't. Is there any way to get around this? Suggest shawcross fire the agent? will the agent eventually come round?

is it just me or has this also affected wages to? example... agreed a fee for luis suarez to come to chelsea & agent said he his client wanted 240k a week! i got it down to 180k, but still thats a stupid amount for someone like suarez! he also wanted bonus of 25k plus per game and again the agent wanted near 10m! stupid!

maybe this is cause im chelsea so they are going for more money, but still he wouldnt go any less than 180k, that is not realistic at all, is it?

The whole agent system is broken IMO. For example, I was just managing leicester and tried to offer Tunchev (who's on £3k a week) a new deal, and his agent demands £30K! a week. Crazy demands to ask for 10 times what he's currently on. Tried to negotiate it to a reasonable level and his agent just leaves.

I have noticed other things:

-Extremely low minimum release fee clauses when you sign players, sometimes even the same price as what you are paying for them, and you are unable to negotiate them at all or talks break down

-Loads of contract clauses which are basically irrelevant, as the only ones that seem to matter are the percentage of next sale, minimum release fee clause, match highest earner and yearly wage rise, which are all almost impossible to negotiate or remove

-Obscene wage, agent and signing-on fees demanded by top players, and even some average/good ones, try negotiating and talks break down. People say the most an agent should be earning is 10% of what the player earns over his deal, well I've had some agents asking for 50-100% for their agent fees! Crazy...

It's a shame this is so messed up as I have no complaints at all with the rest of the game, but it begs the question 'why fix what wasn't broken'? It should have been held back from the game until it was in a fit state to be included. I guess it's too late for the first patch to sort out some of these problems though, seeing as it's less than 2 weeks away?

is it just me or has this also affected wages to? example... agreed a fee for luis suarez to come to chelsea & agent said he his client wanted 240k a week! i got it down to 180k, but still thats a stupid amount for someone like suarez! he also wanted bonus of 25k plus per game and again the agent wanted near 10m! stupid!

maybe this is cause im chelsea so they are going for more money, but still he wouldnt go any less than 180k, that is not realistic at all, is it?

i think the agent fees and signing on fees need sorting my gf was playing the demo last night and she got dzeko for about 25 million and the agent fee was 4 million and signing on fee 2 million. i dont mind having agents i think its good but not these fees because you never be able to buy lots of big name players

for you guys who have the demo, a quick question:

On FM10, say I wanted to buy Torres. He might cost me, in total, x amount in transfer fee, y amount in wages and z amount as a signing on fee (simplified i know)

How do the agents fees in the demo affect the costs? Is it the same with effectively the signing on fee proportion being split between player and agent, or do I end up paying another, extra amount on top of the transfer, thereby making all agent involved transfers more expensive?

Archived