Lukaku 7.5m

Signed him for 7.5m first player i bought.

Seems a bit cheap doesnt it? He was more expensive in FM 10, and hes a better player now. Infact Spurs had a 17.5m bid rejected in real life.

Although i also signed Rodwell for 19m which is a much fairer price than the 40m in FM 2010

My point is, have player prices been made more fairer this season, as i do remember in FM 2010 unless a player was listed you would end up paying ridiculous prices for players

30m for Bale?

although i guess after the other night you could expect to pay that amount in real life, it still seems a bit steep. i would rate him at 20m

the thing that used to annoy me on FM 2010 and earlier versions is players that were overpriced. Kjaer was on there for 4.4m yet it took between 20 - 25m to get him. 5/6 times more than his value. However in real life he cost wolfsburg 11.5m

now i understand FM could no way ever know that he would be sold for that amount, but what im saying is, that if a player is valued at 4.4m on the game, you would expect a reasonable price to pay would be the 11.5m mark.

this was the case for many players on the game, and meant that more or less signing one decent player for your club used up your budget, and prices were far too high for realism. i hope this is sorted for fm 11

• 3 weeks later...
I dunno whether they're reasonable or not. I ended up paying 35 million for Bale. Who promptly broke his leg. 30 mill for Chiellini. Don't know if they're reasonable prices, or whether I'm just an awful negotiator.
In my current game spurs offered me Bale for 5.5 mil after he became unsettled at spurs, seems stupidly cheep imo, also got offered wiltshire for a similar price, seems the AI have no idea how to negotiate a decent price.

Sometimes bargains like this just happen, its like Van der Vaart, he is quality, yet spurs got him on the cheap because he wanted regular first team football and there wasnt much time left in the window.

I got Simon Vukcevic (worth around 8-10mil) from Sporting CP on the last game for 2.2mil because he was unhappy with the manager and therefore playing reserve team football.

Although if it wasnt for any certain reason, just luck, it will probs depend on the club you are, their rep, and current situation. Also relationships with the clubs could come into it. Many many reasons why you got him on the cheap.

Sometimes bargains like this just happen, its like Van der Vaart, he is quality, yet spurs got him on the cheap because he wanted regular first team football and there wasnt much time left in the window.

I got Simon Vukcevic (worth around 8-10mil) from Sporting CP on the last game for 2.2mil because he was unhappy with the manager and therefore playing reserve team football.

Although if it wasnt for any certain reason, just luck, it will probs depend on the club you are, their rep, and current situation. Also relationships with the clubs could come into it. Many many reasons why you got him on the cheap.

Agreed agreed agreed.

"I'd rather you said thank you; and went on your way" :)

The value you pay for the player also depends on his importance to the team. If he is an important player for the team then you will have to pay over the odds for him. Lets look at someone like Andy Carroll at Newcastle. He is not a bad player, but he is very important to Newcastle, so he may be worth around 10m but to Newcastle he is worth at least twice that much as he is an important member of the team.

If Andy Carroll played for Chelsea then his importance to Chelsea will be significantly less and so Chelsea would probably willing to do business on a fee closer to his true market value.

This is the way I look at it anyway - rightly or wrongly.

Van der Vaart was not cheap because he wanted regular first team football but because Real Madrid had more players than would occupy the 25 first team places and with the transfer window closing they needed to get rid of a couple of players. Had no one bid for Van der Vaart he would've stayed at Madrid but Spurs were lucky and clever and nabbed him at the last minute, so last minute that the transfer wasn't confirmed until 24 hours later.

Archived