i give up

Tried to reinstall twice don't no specs but laptop is brand new sony vaio 4 gig of ram so should be quite good the game loads through all of the sponsors then crashes on menu screen so i know my laptop is capable of running the game. Thanks for help

The dead giveaway is that your computer is new.

That almost always means old drivers. So;

- Update Java

- Update DirectX

- Update Graphics card drivers

Check out the sticky at the top of the forum for details on how to do this if you're not sure.

Good luck.

matt thanks for the help but surly the game would not load without these i get all the sponsor stuff up right to the menu

in theory you'd think so but i had this computer brand new when crysis first came out and it all loaded up fine but wouldn't play

i did update my drivers and then it worked

Yeah people on here aren't really interested in hoping, maybe the odd occasion you'll get someone from SI who will be helpful, but its a long shot

Thats not fair, there are a lot of really good posters who try their hardest to help people. You got to understand that the forums are swamped right now. Some good threads/posts or those asking for help are often buried under a pile of puerile nonsense. Also bear in mind that a lot of people are just gettting to grips with the demo themselves and therefore are probably not on line.

Perhaps it was a little harsh but the majority of posters any most active forums are douches though. I've always popped on here and never get any response to anything, so im going by personal expierence.

ever thought maybe they are in your boat and don't know themselves?

we're not all computer scientists

Perhaps it was a little harsh but the majority of posters any most active forums are douches though. I've always popped on here and never get any response to anything, so im going by personal expierence.

And calling people douches is likely to encourage people to want to help how? :confused:

Archived