Will It be Better than Champ Man

i have bought champ man but im taking it back becus basically its Rubbish

but im wondering if the database on fm will be better than cm

and in general will it be better than cm

obviously we dnt no but im wondering if the guys from SI could answer my questions

cheers

obviously we dnt no but im wondering if the guys from SI could answer my questions

cheers

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeeny:

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be quite honest any review we post of the game is going to be more than a little biased for obvious reasons (basically no one makes a game they think is naff after all icon_wink.gif ).

I'll give you a quick overview of what we think we've made and let you read reviews etc. to make your own mind up in the fullness of time.

The aim was to make a game which brought the flavour of our third series of management games back to life, that is a football sim which is realistic but a lot faster to play than the PC version.

This is combined with a user interface which was built from scratch specifically to make the PSP game as intuitive and as easy to play as possible.

I'm very pleased with how things have turned out for the game and am awaiting feedback from you lot with interest once some of you have your mitts on it (as always we'll evolve future versions partially based upon peoples feedback and recommendations).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeeny:

did i say that tho ? no icon_mad.gif

ok then maybe a bit of info on the database </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The database used in the PSP game is the same as the one in the PC game - the only difference is that for display purposes some of the attributes are 'merged'.

This is simply to ensure that the screens are as clear as possible for display purposes and don't appear to 'cluttered'.

so r u saying that the likes of sergey kisliy are on it or l mokoena .wen u say its the same as the pc one does that mean that at the start of the new game you will be asked if u want a small medium database n so on also does it come with all the january transfers on

• SI Staff

so r u saying that the likes of sergey kisliy are on it or l mokoena .wen u say its the same as the pc one does that mean that at the start of the new game you will be asked if u want a small medium database n so on also does it come with all the january transfers on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't get the choice of a database size (ie. its a 'standard' size) when starting the game and as with the PC title what leagues are active will partially determine which players are loaded in any particular game.

• SI Staff

PS> Checking my current game sergey kisliy is present and correct when running the English leagues, Aaron Mokoena is present and correct at Blackburn but I'm not certain thats who you were referring to with the second player (there are a fair few Mokoena's playing football in the world - if you indicate the full name and/or the club he's at then I can check properly).

Hope this helps,

Marc

• SI Staff

OK CHEERS

JUST WONDERING WILL PLAYERS LIKE MOKOENA N KISLIY BE AS GOOD A S THEY ARE ON THE PC GAME </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I indicated initially the database used in the PSP game is the same one as used in the PC game - thus yes they'll be very very similar quality (some stats might be slightly different in display due to the fact that some are combined for 'viewing' purposes in the PSP game - but behind the scenes the data used is identical).

Archived