Hiding player values for FM09

I would like to see an addition in fm09 that lets you hide players values aswell as statistics!

It would make it more realistic as you would bid what you think the player is worth or you could find the asking price via scouting or enquiring.

I just feel it would be a welcomed addition by some as in real life managers dont just logon to a player search website and get ALL the values of players. They have to enquire/scout or just bid what they think that player is worth!

Anyone else fancy this?

I think that it could be a good idea. Although the value is mainly based around his age and contract length, as well as ability. But alot of players have a value that most people could agree on.

Peter Crouch for £15m is one example icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by brookie1402:

I think that it could be a good idea. Although the value is mainly based around his age and contract length, as well as ability.

You forgot reputation. That is the single most important factor apart from his last transfer fee.

Would be good to see it removed, though.

i've never thought of this before but i think it would be a brilliant idea. maybe you could have this but if there is talk about a player moving and the club say how much they want for them it would appear. for example if it was in real life now £10-15m would appear next to crouch.

Originally posted by andysharkey21:

i've never thought of this before but i think it would be a brilliant idea. maybe you could have this but if there is talk about a player moving and the club say how much they want for them it would appear. for example if it was in real life now £10-15m would appear next to crouch.

Yes. That could be another way of finding a price!

Send your scouts to get a report. If the player says he wants to come then release a press story and maybe the club will say 'not for sale' or respond with a price.

Example:

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan today announced his desire to bring out-of-favour Liverpool striker, Peter Crouch to Parkhead. However, Rafa Benitez is looking for £13 Million for the Striker which could prove a stumbling block for Strachan.

Archived