anyone else started really badly on the demo?

i thought to get used to the new systems and layout i thought i would be Man City to have some fun signing decent players, i signed Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale and then started my season against spurs, drew 0-0 and played very well, then i had Genk in the Europa League, were i lost 1-0 and was playing awfully. then i had Wolves were i thought i should be able to win this, but i lost 2-1 after being 1 up at half time, then played Genk and won 3-0 to stay in the Europa League. i then had Blackpool, another game where i was certain of a victory but no a shocking defeat to Blackpool 1-0. and by that point i thought i should give it a rest after that shocker start to my life in Football Manager 2011. who else has had a poor start?

I actually started very well with AC Milan, only signed Mahamadou Diarra and Rosina (both are back-ups, so they don't influence the results that much). After 8 games I am on the first place with 22 points (only a draw against Catania, 1-1, they scored from offside). In Champions League I have 7 points after 3 games (barely managed a draw home against Shakhtar - that was my worst game until now). So I've started pretty well though Milan's problems are well known.

I actually started very well with AC Milan, only signed Mahamadou Diarra and Rosina (both are back-ups, so they don't influence the results that much). After 8 games I am on the first place with 22 points (only a draw against Catania, 1-1, they scored from offside). In Champions League I have 7 points after 3 games (barely managed a draw home against Shakhtar - that was my worst game until now). So I've started pretty well though Milan's problems are well known.

Diarra could well be one of the bargains of the year for Premiership clubs, transfer listed at Real Madrid and only a couple of million.

I started with Newcastle, beat Blackburn (a) and Birmingham (h) 3-0, and then a loss of 2-1 at Anfield in a closely fought contest. Only signings were Rafael on loan, Gary Cahill, in which the Chairmen took over, had 800k worth of funds, and he offered 6mil for him, which I think is a nice touch, tried for Shawcross, but Ashley said he was too expensive, also signed Vincent Enyema, which an Agent offered to me :). Im loving the game.

I'm really, really struggling to score. Struggled throughout pre-season, and it seems to have carried over. My first 3 games have come with two 1-0 victories and a 2-0 defeat, but despite creating a ridiculous number of chances, I'm really struggling to convert them. Which I suppose is relatively realistic for Arsenal...

I'm really, really struggling to score. Struggled throughout pre-season, and it seems to have carried over. My first 3 games have come with two 1-0 victories and a 2-0 defeat, but despite creating a ridiculous number of chances, I'm really struggling to convert them. Which I suppose is relatively realistic for Arsenal...

I am playing 433 (go to Arsenal thread in Good Teams forum for details) with RVP up front as Tresque. He's got MOTM pretty much every match so far although played only 1 competitive match which was against United 1-0 win as I said above

I think it is Man City. I have the same problem. I think it takes time for the sqaud to gel, and now with the Match preperation we can see how the squad interacts with eachother and the tactics you want to perform, in which most tactics one can try to use with City, the players find it awkward. I am going to start a new game with a Barca or Milan with a complete squad with no major changes in the past years and see how they adapt to new tactics

I am playing 433 (go to Arsenal thread in Good Teams forum for details) with RVP up front as Tresque. He's got MOTM pretty much every match so far although played only 1 competitive match which was against United 1-0 win as I said above

Yeah, that's pretty much the formation I'm using. I mean, I'm not doing badly, I've won 4 of my 5 league matches [including victories over United and Spurs], but they've all been 1-0. It's just not the way I like to win. :D

Archived