FM11 play - No disk?

Hey forumers,

Will I be able to play FM11 without the disk? I intend on buying the physical disk and installing but after install can it be played without the disk? Or for this to happen will I have to but the disk but install with steam? If I install with steam, after installation can I delete steam and still run FM diskless? (this is what I did for FM09). If steam is deleted I assume then I can still download patches & install?

Thanks

Bring on 5 Nov!!

To play without the disc you either have to:

A) Buy a boxed copy and link it to Steam or

B) Buy through Steam (Digital download)

Either way you need the Steam client installed on your PC and it will always run in the background when you play FM.

To play without the disc you either have to:

A) Buy a boxed copy and link it to Steam or

B) Buy through Steam (Digital download)

Either way you need the Steam client installed on your PC and it will always run in the background when you play FM.

Don't want to start a new topic just to ask this, but if I order the game for example from amazon or play.com, will I be able to register it on steam? I don't intend to use the disc for anything, and I don't want to pay 50 euros for it on steam when I can get it for nearly 20 euros less, but I've heard contradictory rumours about not being able to do that.

Don't want to start a new topic just to ask this, but if I order the game for example from amazon or play.com, will I be able to register it on steam? I don't intend to use the disc for anything, and I don't want to pay 50 euros for it on steam when I can get it for nearly 20 euros less, but I've heard contradictory rumours about not being able to do that.

Yes, you can activate it via steam and play without disc.

Archived