Who should go up and down most?

Which players from Football Manager 2008 do you think will/should be upgraded or downgraded on FM09?

I reckon Agbonlahor, Ronaldo, Hleb, Flamini, Almunia should all be upgraded.

Elano should be downgraded, not sure who else!

Who do you think?

IMO the majority of the Villa Squad

Flamini

Lescott

Liam Lawrence

Ricardo Fuller

Arteta

Torres

Almunia

Agbonlahor

Ronaldo

Osman

Manuel Fernandes

Nelson Rivas (Inter Milan guy)

to name a few of those who should go up

downs:

Rooney

Ibrahimovic

Phil Neville

Silva

Lampard

Fletcher

Downing

+ more lol

Upgraded should be:

Torres

Ronaldo

Xavi

Yaya Toure

Rivas

Agbonlahor

Del Piero (after the season he has had)

Squillaci

Flamini

Iniesta

Down graded should be:

Elano

Ronaldinho

Amauri

Rooney

Adebayor (well the Arsenal squad in general)

Thuram

Zambrotta

Abidal

Almiron

Doyle

Gyan

Nicky Hunt should be downgraded.16 for heading. Iin all my years as a season ticket holder he's only headed the ball once and that was when it hit him on the head unintentionally. Super Kevs bravery should be 20, not 18 but i suppose we cant have everything.

Ali Al Habsi should be upgraded a lot. He's immense.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a must upgrade. He isnt half the player on FM that he is irl. Ben Foster may be a candidate as well.

Imo Martins also need upgrading slightly as well.

I wont bother with the young ones. But some of the golden oldies should be upgraded imo. Guys like Maldini, Raul, Del Piero, Makelele have all been great this year and should be made better. I think the game engine needs to be changed a little so these old players can still be very, very useful even when the lose a little bit of pace. There should be a stat called "experience" or something which should also be taken into account somehow. Will be very hard to incorporte it though.

Oldies like Materazzi, Giggs, Gilberto, Shevchenko etc should all be downgraded.

Its a long and tireless job though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Nicky Hunt should be downgraded.16 for heading. Iin all my years as a season ticket holder he's only headed the ball once and that was when it hit him on the head unintentionally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

As said above I reckon Martins should be upgraded a bit too.... Just doesn't seem the player that he is IRL!! Otherwise mainly OK, Elano a bit good though yeah.

Overall I reckon SI have done really well, especially on 8.02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CarlHighfield:

The whole liverpool squad (they always do really poor on mine)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's wrong how?

The whole Arsenal squad needs down graded, as does Corluka who I forget to add in the list I did above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LiverpoolSimplyTheBest:

don't see what Gabby A's done to deserve upgrading, but hey ho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 11 for finishing and dribbling?

That says it all for a top striker irl

Ok, some of the suggestions dont make sense:

- Downing.. has anyone seen him play IRL? Hes not a bad player by any means but as far as I'm concerned he needs to be downgraded! He's nowhere near as good as he is on the game. One of the best wingers on the game but nowhere close to it irl.

- Gabriel Agbonlahor.. cant believe people dont think he needs an upgrade. He's been super this year and one of the key men of MON's side. Definitely needs to be improved.

- Arsenal.. ok, I'm an Arsenal fan but putting bias aside, what in the world is everyone on about? Yes, some of the players at Arsenal ARE over-rated. But not as many as people seem to suggest. The only one who should be in for a down-grade is Van Persie (unfortunately) but that too mostly because of his injuries. Fabregas certainly should be downgraded, Sagna should be upgraded, as should Clichy. Toure and Gallas are fine the way they are. Flamini needs a MASSIVE upgraded (shame he'll be at Milan though). Rosicky is fine the way he is. He's already been brought down for the original version of FM08 and you cant bring him down any further because he's not played since. Hleb certainly doesnt need a downgrade. Who else? Eduardo? He's fine the way he is. That brings us down to Adebayor who I suppose is the biggest crib everyone has. He's definitely not over-rated as Elano is. The only 2 areas where he needs a downgrade is first touch (which is quite poor irl) and composure (which isnt all that great irl either). Infact stats like heading, work-rate, team-work should all be improved for next year.

The problem with Adebayor is that he's one the few strikers on the game who's good in almost every aspect but not the best in any single one. He's good on the ground, good in the air, good strength, good stamina, decent work-rate, decent long-shots, good pace. All of that combined together and the AI cant seem to handle him. If you reduce Adebayor's first-touch to say 13 or so, he becomes less of a problem to play against. I've tried it and see and it does work. You can do another test - take charge of Iaquinta and improve his first touch to about 15/16 (same as Ade's). He scores just as many as Ade, if not more. Try it and see.

Why in GODS name does Liverpool deserve an upgraded though?? Torres can be upgraded a little I guess. He's already phenomenol on the game. Gerrard is fine the way he is. Kuyt deserves to be bloody downgraded. He seems to score bucket-loads in my game. He only started playing well towards the end of the season after being crap all through. Crouch needs a downgrade. Aurelio needs a MASSIVE downgrade. Riise and Alonso both deserve a downgrade after having average seasons. Mascherano is fine the way he is. Easily the best DM (proper) on the game. Agger needs to be downgraded again. Its too early to tell for Skrtel. He's already pretty good ont he game. Who the hell deserves an upgrade in the side? Babel? He develops into a quality player at times and is absolutely fine the way he is.

I do concur that some of Man Utd players need to be upgraded. Wait and watch Ronaldo on the next game. Everyone will be crying about how good he has become! And about time ll the Chelsea players (bar Joe Cole) have their creativity and flair reduced to about 5 fgs!! icon_biggrin.gif

But I really dont buy into this whole "Arsenal is very over-rated" arguement. A couple of players at most. Many of them need a massive upgrade as well.

Anyway, rant over.

Stuart Downing is well too good IMO. As are Riise, Ibrahimovic and Evra. Torres has got to be made better, also I think that some of the pompey and villa players are underrated after the seasons that they have had.

Lee Miller at Aberdeen should be upgraded imo. His first touch is nothing short of genius. Upgrades needed - first touch(13), finishing(14), composure(12) and decisions(13). Just slight tweaks but nothing major, maybe even pace and acceleration which are 10 and 9 respectively. Was player of the season for Aberdeen in my eyes and should have had a Scotland call up. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

Lee Miller at Aberdeen should be upgraded imo. His first touch is nothing short of genius. Upgrades needed - first touch(13), finishing(14), composure(12) and decisions(13). Just slight tweaks but nothing major, maybe even pace and acceleration which are 10 and 9 respectively. Was player of the season for Aberdeen in my eyes and should have had a Scotland call up. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Your also forgetting about Langfield and Mackie they need upgraded as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

Lee Miller at Aberdeen should be upgraded imo. His first touch is nothing short of genius. Upgrades needed - first touch(13), finishing(14), composure(12) and decisions(13). Just slight tweaks but nothing major, maybe even pace and acceleration which are 10 and 9 respectively. Was player of the season for Aberdeen in my eyes and should have had a Scotland call up. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Your also forgetting about Langfield and Mackie they need upgraded as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God - Mackie's stats are a true reflection tbh. He is so up and down it is unbelievable. Ok I agree that Langfield needs a slight upgrading too but his kicking should stay the same coz it's still awful. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jhilly:

Stuart Downing is well too good IMO. As are Riise, Ibrahimovic and Evra. Torres has got to be made better, also I think that some of the pompey and villa players are underrated after the seasons that they have had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Evra... A candidate for Left Back of the season needs to be downgraded...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jhilly:

Stuart Downing is well too good IMO. As are Riise, Ibrahimovic and Evra. Torres has got to be made better, also I think that some of the pompey and villa players are underrated after the seasons that they have had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Evra... A candidate for Left Back of the season needs to be downgraded... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly icon_biggrin.gif

Andy O'Brien is massively underrated imo. He's a very reliable DC irl.

I'll forgive the researcher on Al-Habsi, cos not even the most dedicated Bolton fan knew he is as good as he is before Jaaskelainen got injured and Ali got his chance. Will be upgraded a lot on FM09 me thinks.

Another upgrade should be Matt Taylor. His stats are average on the game and he's better than that irl.

Guthrie as well, altho I don't think he'll still be at Bolton next season. Most of his stats (eg. bravery) should be tweaked upwards, except his first touch, which is pretty awful irl and should be downgraded to about 10 on the game.

Finally Davies should have 20 bravery (played with a broken finger irl, don't see Ronaldo et al doing that) and 20 for team work and work rate. Strength should be 19 as well imo.

Just my two cents on the Bolton squad.

The Arsenal squad need down grading as they seem to be able to win every singke game home or away 5/6-0 when the computer is in charge of them we all know Arsenal aren't a team that can win everything first season, their mental stats all need massivly reduced, especially Gallas and Eboue.

Liverpool don't need upgraded, Torres up a bit, Reina down a bit, Riise down a lot.

Victor Valdes is possibly the worst keeper in Barca history yet is quite good on the game.

Re: Davies bravery, yes he's a brave player but a broken finger isn't much, especially in a sport where you are not meant to use your hands. I have seen rugby players play with broken fingers before so it isn't that bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Yes Evra... A candidate for Left Back of the season needs to be downgraded... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evra is only a candidate for LB of the season by opinion, and also the quality of left backs in the prem is quite poor, infact worldwide there is this problem. Evra has pace, but for me nothing else he gives away possession and can't tackle, I'd love to see him play proper out and out wingers every week and get slaughtered. This is the state of the prem when Lescott is Evra's rival for left back slot, no offense to Lescott but he isn't a left back.

Archived