Is it time to switch to 3D?

I purchased FM09 but couldnt get into the 3D and as far as I was concerned, it killed the 2D too because the movement of the players was slower. They'd get the ball and because they were actually moving, the round dot would be still for about a second or so. But having upgraded recently Im going to watch games in 3D from now on. The level of immersion you'l get with the additional stadiums will just be too good to be true.

You can't beat 3D for excitement, especially when its an important match; like in the last minute of the last game of the season and there's an almighty goalmouth scramble - if they score you're doomed to relegation, if your defender hacks it clear - its premiership survival right at the death baby! Only 3D can give you those memorable moments :)

It depends. It's easier to get a tactical overview with 2D, and it's easier to see where you're going wrong, or how play is going to develop. Also, your imagination fills in the blanks, and the football you observe will seem better because of it- there's less chance of the realism being destroyed, because your mind comes up with realistic things to fill the unrealistic gap.

However, the 3D does look better at times.

I seem to recall someone saying that FM11 lets you change the angle that you watch replays at, so you could watch in 2D most of the time, but see the smashing great goals in 3D- best of both worlds, really.

It depends. It's easier to get a tactical overview with 2D, and it's easier to see where you're going wrong, or how play is going to develop. Also, your imagination fills in the blanks, and the football you observe will seem better because of it- there's less chance of the realism being destroyed, because your mind comes up with realistic things to fill the unrealistic gap.

Amen SCIAG. Amen. :thup:

*Conveniently ignores the rest of your post*

• Administrators

Always worth giving it a shot in 3D and seeing what you think. Likewise with the 'replay' option you can do what SCIAG said. Personally it's up to you, but I was a 2D man for a long time, and 3D is certainly looking as good as it ever has now in FM.

Stick with the dots man! I won't use 3D until it looks half as fun as the 2D. With the dots you can always imagine your players doing magic with the ball :D

You be suprised with the little things you see in 3D if you give it a chance

Archived