Need a new challenge, any ideas?

Hey,

Kinda lost interest in FM over the last 4 months but would like to start up a game, but I'm not sure who to manage or what leagues or anything.

I don't want a big easy club and kind of like the idea of taking a small club to stardom. Any suggestions?

As a side note in the game I'd like to manage a country like San Marino and try to qualify for a major tournament, which 'small' nation should I use??

Thanks in advance

FWIW, I've just set myself a new campaign.

I've taken Q.P.R., added Mittal and Eccleston as directors and had them dip in their pockets. The club therefore starts off as super-rich, in The Championship.

Having bought the best, I'll storm the first season, but then I want to see how I'll fare against the Top X in the EPL and in Europe.

Keeps me happy anyway icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by redUTDgoose:

That doesnt sound like a challenge? why dont you go really low and try it that way. Play LLM, go tot heir forum, have a read, what they do IS a challenge

Because I've played ultra-strictly as a LLaMa for over 5 years. For me, this is a new experience - using editors, winning stuff, watching beautiful football. I'll be back to LLaMa for FM09.

creating beautiful better the way you ued is surely the challenge you are looking for then...using editors (yawn) isnt football management. losing then winning is part of the fun as you know

Sonny, I don't tell you how to play your game, do I? icon_rolleyes.gif

creating beautiful better the way you ued is surely the challenge you are looking for then...using editors (yawn) isnt football management. losing then winning is part of the fun as you know

it is, creating a different scenario to manage in, whatever he does to the ediotr it will always be a football managing sim, as it is fooball managing sim, or did i miss something.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Whoaa whoa. I wasnt telling you how to play your game, I was saying as you know...thats all. I wouldnt tell anyone how to play their game. Its your choice.

I was just saying, surely the challenge you are used to enjoy is more interesting than buying success? thats all, it is a debate.

Turn it upto 11, you have mised something. We were discussing a new challenge, yes if something is edited it is still football managment. but making a club super rich doesnt come across as a challenege. As phnompenhandy said he used to be a Llama (when played properly is a great challenge), I was just surprised he went to the other extreme.

sorry phnompenhandy, I wasnt trying to dictate how to play YOUR game. I was just expressing my surprise that you would consider that a challenge, relative to what you used to acheive.

Originally posted by Kees04:

Hey,

Kinda lost interest in FM over the last 4 months but would like to start up a game, but I'm not sure who to manage or what leagues or anything.

I don't want a big easy club and kind of like the idea of taking a small club to stardom. Any suggestions?

As a side note in the game I'd like to manage a country like San Marino and try to qualify for a major tournament, which 'small' nation should I use??

Thanks in advance

Oxford are popular for this sort of thing...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Whoaa whoa. I wasnt telling you how to play your game, I was saying as you know...thats all. I wouldnt tell anyone how to play their game. Its your choice.

I was just saying, surely the challenge you are used to enjoy is more interesting than buying success? thats all, it is a debate.

Turn it upto 11, you have mised something. We were discussing a new challenge, yes if something is edited it is still football managment. but making a club super rich doesnt come across as a challenege. As phnompenhandy said he used to be a Llama (when played properly is a great challenge), I was just surprised he went to the other extreme.

sorry phnompenhandy, I wasnt trying to dictate how to play YOUR game. I was just expressing my surprise that you would consider that a challenge, relative to what you used to acheive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo do realize he said that he wants to see how he survives in the Premiership and in Europe, right? To me, that would be a challenge.

Archived