Wages and Transfer fees increasing with inflation?

Question to FM gamers taking game well into 21st century.

My longest game only last 10 years. Im reading some posts from gamers describing players in 2035 and beyond.

Firstly, impressive!!!!!

Secondly, what are the wages and transfer fees like at that stage? Is inflation factored into the game?

Surely bog standard 100k p/w would be the norm in the top leagues by then and £100M+ transfers common place.

Does the clubs income and expenditure increase in alignment with this?

If not, its something that should be considered. By then (2035) YTS players at League 2 clubs would be on 5-10k p/w min.

Not really, i have a save in year 2117, there isn't too much inflation, top clubs are as rich as now, maybe 10-15 % richer, however the wages are a bit inflated. Top players get wages for up to 300.000 per week, which is the maximum value i believe.

the manager you started with must jhave cobwebs on him :D

Inflation not included, however I've found you do get bigger transfers after 5-10 years as the clubs get richer.

Totally true, even if designers didn't introduced inflation per se a very simple economic equation developed by Fisher proves the need of higher prices (inflation) even in a simulated economy as the one in FM:

PY=MV

where:

P=Prices

Y=Income

M=Money in the economy

V=Money Velocity (which is constant)

ie. if Clubs are succesful they get richer (with more trophys or takeovers) so their Income (Y) increases and as the quantity of Money in the economy (M) is constant (because in FM no one prints more money) the prices (P) need to move up, therefore Inflation.

PS: I'm an economist and a FM addict :p

My guess is that in a few years time IRL you will see a wage cap in football and then of course that will be applied to FM. How far down the line that will be, I don't know, but I am pretty sure it will happen at some time in the future.

Totally true, even if designers didn't introduced inflation per se a very simple economic equation developed by Fisher proves the need of higher prices (inflation) even in a simulated economy as the one in FM:

PY=MV

where:

P=Prices

Y=Income

M=Money in the economy

V=Money Velocity (which is constant)

ie. if Clubs are succesful they get richer (with more trophys or takeovers) so their Income (Y) increases and as the quantity of Money in the economy (M) is constant (because in FM no one prints more money) the prices (P) need to move up, therefore Inflation.

PS: I'm an economist and a FM addict :p

Right... Only you made bad assumptions. So everything that follows falls down. And a bad calculation too. ;)

Firstly, individual clubs may get richer, but only at the expense of other clubs getting poorer. Some teams win, some lose. Some are taken over, others go into huge debt for a new stadium, only to plummet and end up closing off half of it anyway.

Secondly, M is far from constant. Unless the sum of the incomes and expenditures of every team works out at 0, M will increase or decrease. Unless all money entering the game economy, via tickets, board takeovers, competition prizes and the like is equal to the money taken out in wages, non football costs, new stadiums and signing on fees, M cannot be considered a constant.

Thirdly, if M and V are constants, as you claim, and Y increases, as you claim, P would have to decrease in order to balance the equation. P * Y would have to always be equal, at all levels of Y. You claim increasing Y, which would in turn mean P would have to decrease. After all, P = (MV)/Y. Higher Y = lower P.

Archived