How many teams do you play?

Does anyone enjoy playing multiple teams in one save?

I am always torn between taking on one team and investing significant time on them - or taking one 2-3 and facing different challenges. Currently I am managing Brighton, Frosinone and FC Eindhoven. I have managed to get all teams into their respective top leagues and FC Eindhoven into the Euro Cup (albeit to draw Stuttgart and get knocked out in the first game). New stadiums with Brighton and Frosinone, but nothing for FC Eindhoven yet - surely the capacity of 4,700 will be looked at soon!

As you can imagine though, the seasons take a while to play and there is a certain guilt when buying a cheap talent for one team and not the other. I'm contemplating quitting Frosinone, the lack of reserve games is driving me insane and I cannot seem to get decent feeder clubs or general loan interests in good players.

So how about others, are you one team people, or do you like to trying different teams/leagues in the same save?

I usually start off with 4 managers. I manage Rangers as I support them and then a random club from the Premiership and a random club from a european league.

The final manager I start off as unemployed and will just apply for whatever jobs are available. I find that this gives a different challenge for each manager, but as you say the season takes ages to complete.

I also try and be as fair as possible when it comes to transfers if I think it's a player more than one club would be interested in then I will make an offer for the player and let him decide.

I do this all the time and have done since I started playing FM. It's probably why I never really get anywhere! The seasons do take aaaages to play. My main save in FM10 started with managing Stalybridge Celtic in the Blue Square North, I got them to the premiership and in the 2015/16 season we are in the Champions League (just qualified from our group stage in second place behind Real Madrid). Along the way I also took over at Everton with an extra manager (I named him Alan Sugar and added his picture in for a laugh) and saved them from relegation. Bought a couple of English and Croatian kids on the cheap and now have a load of wonderkids in the side. Also added a 3rd manager to revatilise the PSG team after they sold Sakho. And recently added a 4th, taking control of Stockport in League One, trying to get them into the Prem!

I've got into the habit of playing as four managers:

- Brighton & Hove Albion, as the club I support and where I'm from.

- Wellington Phoenix, as I now live in Wellington and support them as my local team.

- England, as per Brighton.

- a career mode manager who starts unemployed.

If the first three get fired at any point, I retire them and carry on with the remaining. However, it takes ages to play a game! When I next buy FM (when the sub bug is finally fixed) I might just start up one in career mode.

I normally do two teams becuase i always start off with man u and theres just so many teams at the beginning i want to be so i always do man u and a championship team or something like that but it does take ages so i think i may just be one team this year and concentrate on all areas of the man u team

Well, last night I resigned as manager of Frosinone and retired from the game. So I am down to two teams. I like the Dutch League and the freedom to sign players from wherever, so have decided to stick with that. It is also a good challenge as with a stadium of 4,700 - money is tight unless I buy, improve and sell on players. And after a poor show against West Brom in my first give in the Premiership, Brighton have now taken down Villa and Sunderland (5-4 win from 2-0 down) and hacked a draw against Wolves to sit 10th. I suspect the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal will be cropping up soon though...

These days, after some poor releases in the past, I rarely buy the new FM when it first hits the shelves. So hopefully I can get some distance in this save until I buy FM11. Tough call whether to let the plasyers I signed stay with Frosinone to help keep them in Serie A, or bleed them dry!!

Archived