Put Johan Cruyff-rule into FM

I don't know that this has ever been posted on the forum but if so, sorry for that.

My question is: has anybody ever tried to put the JC-rule (6+5 rule) into FM?

This means you must have 6 players in your starting line-up wich could be called up for the national team of the competition you are playing.

For example Arsenal must have 6 English players, Internazionale must have 6 Italian players, ....

If anybody has tried this, i would love to know if this was a good idea.

Does Inter for example have the AI to go out and sign lots of Italian players and sell the Foreign players they don't need. Or do they keep buying Foreign players and have like 15 Brazilians where only 5 can play from?

If the teams really sell all the useless players in their squad there would be a real big change in the Football world.

Let me know your comments.

Sorry for the bad English.

Greetings.

With my Merthyr Tydfil side I'm trying to develop the club's academy, and my starting lineup always includes at least 3 academy developed players simply out of the fact that I only have academy produced players left in the squad at ML and MC (and play 4-4-2/4-2-4). I can field an all-academy XI, and have done in the cups a couple of times, but hopefully within a few more years it'll be a regular occurrence. It's slightly more interesting as being based in Wales, my academy players are almost all Welsh. I'd love to have my players get Wales to a major finals one day, and perhaps win it.

Dafuge has won pretty much every trophy in the game with an all-Tooting & Mitcham academy produced squad, and almost won the World Cup for England as well, check out the "Freedom For Tooting & Mitcham" thread in the Career Updates Forum.

With my Merthyr Tydfil side I'm trying to develop the club's academy, and my starting lineup always includes at least 3 academy developed players simply out of the fact that I only have academy produced players left in the squad at ML and MC (and play 4-4-2/4-2-4). I can field an all-academy XI, and have done in the cups a couple of times, but hopefully within a few more years it'll be a regular occurrence. It's slightly more interesting as being based in Wales, my academy players are almost all Welsh. I'd love to have my players get Wales to a major finals one day, and perhaps win it.

Dafuge has won pretty much every trophy in the game with an all-Tooting & Mitcham academy produced squad, and almost won the World Cup for England as well, check out the "Freedom For Tooting & Mitcham" thread in the Career Updates Forum.

the welsh save you done is my plans for fm11 but a team in the welsh league, Maybe Port Talbot

So to set up this thing you would have to create every league you want to play starting from 0?

I would want this rule in my game to.

Every team in the world playing with a max of foreign players.

The guys with the challenges, it's not my purpouse for myself only.

All the teams/leagues should have this rule.

I would find it interesting how the football world would change with this rule in the world.

Football like it was 10 - 15 years ago.

Would be much more interesting with not only english and spanish clubs dominating european football.

Teams like Ajax, Anderlecht, Benfica would be much stronger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
A potential problem here would be the AI. I don't know if the AI will recognize the rule change and stop filling the squad with foreigners...

Pretty much what he said.

The AI has trouble in Italy and a few other countries of recognising that you can only sign 1 non-EU foreigner from abroad per season. They'll bid for a non-EU player and the transfer will fail, because they've already signed one.

I really can't see them being able to plan a squad around a rule of 6 'home' players and 5 foreigners in the current state :D

The Norwegian league has a limit on 11 non-home grown players, and the AI on this version is perfectly capable of coping with that, teams rarely fill up the foreign quota and they usually let some youngsters fill the last spots.

But it wasn't like this in FM10(at least the early versions, can't remember if they fixed the issue), where AI managers would fill up the squad with a ton of foreigners they couldn't play.

The Greek Superleague doesn't have this rule however the B division does, so the relegation bound side I took over had to be completely revamped as the Superleague squad was largely made up of (useless) foreigners whereas my current squad has a large number of Greek players. Some of them are really there just to make up the numbers in case my first choice Greek players get injured and I struggle to meet the criteria, however it has encouraged me to play my youth players more regularly as it's good to load up your bench with homegrown players to avoid issues with substitutions. It's very challenging but I think it's a good idea on the whole!

I'm playing in Mexico at the moment and they have a 5 foreign player limit in squad registration. Am not sure if the JC rule could have as many registered as you like but only 5 in the inital match day 18.

A potential problem here would be the AI. I don't know if the AI will recognize the rule change and stop filling the squad with foreigners...

I don't think that would be a problem. There are loads of league in the game that have foreign player restrictions, particularly in eastern Europe. I think they may even be some (Asian?) leagues where you are not allowed ANY foreign players. The AI has no trouble managing the teams in these leagues.

Archived