Tutoring worderkid gone WRONG

One of my wonderkid's personaly WAS fairly determined. When I put this kid under tutoring his personality changed to unambitious!

Player that is tutoring him is experienced player(same position) who has wordwide reputation and fairly ambitious personality.

This tutoring is destroying my future superstar! I hate unambitious players and always sell them.

Tutoring is still going.. so there is little hope but it does look good.

How is this possible? Have you experienced this kind of ****-up?

No, he tutored him with a player who has a low ambition stat, that much is obvious.

Not necessarily. As far as I know the ambition stat isn't particularly contagious when tutoring. I see this scenario as more likely:

To start with: Tutor has Det 9, ambition ? and Young Player has Det 15, ambition 5

To finish: Tutor has Det 9, ambition ? and Young Player has Det 9, ambition 5

So before, reasonably high determination was the stand-out factor in the Student's personality. Now his determination has gone, low ambition is more of a stand-out factor. His ambition doesn't necessarily have to have decreased.

you can't really trust those personality descriptions. Just because it has changed to unambitious it does not necessarily mean that his ambition has gone down. It could just mean that other stats have gone up and 'unambitious' is the word resulting from the equation.

On that note, I seriously do not see the logic behind the hidden attributes. Everything except CA/PA should be visible for us to see. Or there should be a column that tells us a lot more about the personality in detail.

What is the reasoning behind making 'determination' a visible attribute, while making 'ambition', 'professionalism', 'sportsmanship' etc hidden? The personality affects the match performance as well, so I honestly do not see any point in keeping things hidden.

Also for the other hidden attributes, we are not expected to figure out 'finishing' by just looking at the stats, so why are we expected to figure out things like 'consistency' from the stats?

What is the reasoning behind making 'determination' a visible attribute, while making 'ambition', 'professionalism', 'sportsmanship' etc hidden? The personality affects the match performance as well, so I honestly do not see any point in keeping things hidden.

Determination is a factor in the players contribution to the match result. I'm fairly sure ambition and professionalism don't. I suppose sportsmanship could, although I don't know exactly how. I could be wrong.

This is a bit weird. He theoretically could not have had the 'fairly determined' personality if he always had 11 determination. So either there is something that's gone wrong with the game or he must have lost determination points somewhere. Can you check his attribute history?

Determination have been 11 atleat last 12 months. Work Rate dropped one point.. ?

Is there any gameguides out there that are worth of buying.. In this thread and many others there is lot of guessing going on. People just dont know stuff they should..

Can you maybe have been mistaken about what his personality was before? As Fairly Determined must have a minimum of 14 Determination as far as I'm aware.

There is no definitive guide to what is what with player personalities - and certainly none worth buying. However a lot of people have spent a lot of time studying such aspects of the game so the kind of data that comes out tends to be reasonably accurate, even if it isn't perfect.

Determination have been 11 atleat last 12 months. Work Rate dropped one point.. ?

Is there any gameguides out there that are worth of buying.. In this thread and many others there is lot of guessing going on. People just dont know stuff they should..

My point was that SI could provide players more information/help/guides.

Every year we see new features but many of them are small things that dont really caught anyones attentions but these features can have major effect on game... and all we can say "it's your tactics".

Young player's determination change 11 --> 12 and now his personality is fairly professional. :confused:

Still think that I will sell him because he is not very ambitious.

I'm not pleased about the fact that these personalities hide some facts about players. I had no idea that my worderkid was this unambitious. :(

Young player's determination change 11 --> 12 and now his personality is fairly professional. :confused:

Still think that I will sell him because he is not very ambitious.

I'm not pleased about the fact that these personalities hide some facts about players. I had no idea that my worderkid was this unambitious. :(

Determination has no impact on Fairly Professional personality. So that his Determination score increased by one is not the reason his personality changed to Fairly Professional. Probably his Professionalism score went up maybe along with his Temperament score.

Also be aware that players can fit several Personality types, but only one is shown in order of preference.

One of my wonderkid's personaly WAS fairly determined. When I put this kid under tutoring his personality changed to unambitious!

Player that is tutoring him is experienced player(same position) who has wordwide reputation and fairly ambitious personality.

This tutoring is destroying my future superstar! I hate unambitious players and always sell them.

Tutoring is still going.. so there is little hope but it does look good.

How is this possible? Have you experienced this kind of ****-up?

Tutor has Det 14

Young player has Det 11

I seriously doubt your youngster have been Fairly Determined, if his Determination score was 11. So maybe you were remembering it wrong??

To be Fairly Determined, he must have (Determination 15-17) or (Determination 18-20 & Ambition < 10)

Archived