Is comet a good place to buy from?

I bought my recent laptop from comet about 2 years ago. It is an acer aspire 8920g. I've had no problems at all so can't comment on their customer service.

I have also bought from PC World in the past and the disk drive packed in, I phoned them up and they arranged for an engineer to come to my house and replace the disk drive free of charge which was done very quickly.

However 2 days later same problem with disk drive so they replaced my whole computer after I returned it to the shop. So no problems with PC World for me.

I actually thought they were great and will have no probs using them again.

Although I have heard of people who have not been satisfied with PC World but do not know of anyone personally.

I bought my recent laptop from comet about 2 years ago. It is an acer aspire 8920g. I've had no problems at all so can't comment on their customer service.

I have also bought from PC World in the past and the disk drive packed in, I phoned them up and they arranged for an engineer to come to my house and replace the disk drive free of charge which was done very quickly.

However 2 days later same problem with disk drive so they replaced my whole computer after I returned it to the shop. So no problems with PC World for me.

I actually thought they were great and will have no probs using them again.

Although I have heard of people who have not been satisfied with PC World but do not know of anyone personally.

Mines purely the price of things compared to they're actual worth.

They'll sell you a PC for a grand which you can get god knows how much better on the net for 500 quid. That's my problem with 'em.

Tis why I suggested checking Ebuyer etc 'cus they're usually alot better.

Mines purely the price of things compared to they're actual worth.

They'll sell you a PC for a grand which you can get god knows how much better on the net for 500 quid. That's my problem with 'em.

Tis why I suggested checking Ebuyer etc 'cus they're usually alot better.

yes I think you may be right there spillblood. I would say I have probably paid a bit more at both comet and PC world, were I could have got the same elsewhere for cheaper. But never knew where else to look in the past! May be the likes of ebuyer is a better option if items are cheaper. Its probably the option I will use for my next PC / laptop.

Archived