Will Tesco be selling FM2011???

I haven't seen PC games in any Tesco for quite a while. It's definitely worth checking if you plan to buy from there. GAME will only open at midnight if there is a big release. With GT5 being put back, I'm not sure there is another game big enough for a midnight release.

The odd Tescos sell PC Games. The one I work in sells a few (it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it), but don't expect any copies on sell on midnight on release day. No one will be organised enough to have them on display at midnight, even if they have more than 4 or 5 copies...which I doubt.

Go and get it online. You really can't go wrong with Steam. It may cost you a few quid more, but you get it as soon as you can download it (which shouldn't take long on a decent internet connection). Steam may even have it on pre-download, so you download the game prior to release and do a simple activation patch when the game goes live.

Buying PC games online is becoming the normality. High street retailers have stopped selling as big a selection due to the rise of platforms such as Steam and Impulse. I haven't bought a PC game in a shop for a good year or more now. I have a look in Game every so often but their displays have shrunk to a tiny chart and a small wall of discount games. HMV have stopped selling PC games altogether in most outlets and independent games retailers, such as Gamestation, have a seriously diminishing PC section. Many of the big gaming retailers are branching out to download sales. It's the way things are headed...and not just games.

If you really want the box get it at Amazon and avoid the high street. The retailers expect you too (hence their changing attitude) and Amazon is often way cheaper than any store. It's £26 at Amazon.

Its amazing to see that less and less places are selling PC games due mainly to digital downloads, esp when PC game sales were up nearly 15% last year. The way digital downloads etc are going I give HMV another 15 years on the high street before they go the way of the Woolworths

Archived