Release Day Patch

Eh dont care about that. There is way too much emphasis on the english leagues as it is. They should fix it in a patch but i dont think this is even remotely a good enough reason for a patch. They should wait at least a week to see what kind of bugs people report. Im sure there hundreds of database errors that are far bigger than the name of a chairman at some soon to be relegated club.

You know, seeing as it has been SI's strategy to only release 3 patches for each year's game, I'd be pretty disgruntled if they wasted a patch solely for some league/club/player developments, even more so if this would cause some bugs to stay in the game after the 3rd patch, never to be fixed. If they got a release day patch that solves a number of ingame bugs anyway, then I'll be happy to see database updates as well, but only in that case.

My wording of "only 3 patches" shouldn't be seen as criticism because I've been happy with FM for years, but it's a fact that each of the past few games could've could've done with a 4th patch if you had wanted to fix the last remaining issues.

• SI Staff
I like the way that Rooney being disgruntled and Liverpool ownership being exchanged is considered to be so important a patch is "essential"...

More important for me is the Dundee situation!

My wording of "only 3 patches" shouldn't be seen as criticism because I've been happy with FM for years, but it's a fact that each of the past few games could've could've done with a 4th patch if you had wanted to fix the last remaining issues.

What's wrong with 10.3 if I may ask? Genuine question, I've never noticed a problem in a good 15 seasons since updating.

god there are some bitter people out there.

Reason why it is felt as essential to liverpool fans is that we'd prefer to have it done from SI's point of view instead of editing it into the game ourselves. some optimistic fans would have us with a budget of 40-50m to start the game off which is not realistic. It is a major change to the details to what is probably the most managed club in the game. so it will effect alot of people who purchase the game.

The demo will throw up some bugs like last year which can be fixed in a day 1 patch. i have no complaints regarding SI and how they handle the patches but like Stevie i would like to know if we can expect this to be addressed early as it will delay the start of any long term save. in FM2010 liverpool were usually taken over fairly quickly in the game but it was mostly by purslow and this never changed the finances or the loans which are now gone.

I imagine with the Ilkeston and Dundee troubles they will be doing some work on a patch... I think it would therefore be safe to assume they might as well do the little things like Liverpool's takeover :p

As a Blackpool fan I've heard a lot of people say before the season that 'pool would be relegated, little did I think it would turn out to possibly be the other one!

SnakeXe, I never said that I had any big issues with that patch myself, but there are some issues that could have been fixed. The only two things that I noticed personally is the very hot seat for human managers of the Brazilian team (unlike AI managers) and a bug with player histories going missing in (some) games that were begun in pre 10.3 games. I was certainly not bemoaning the lack of a 4th patch, rather I was being cautious about a database-only patch for FM11 because taking their past patching philosophy into account, we'd only get 2 bugfix patches instead of 3.

But its not a strategy to only realease 3 patches. Last year they needed to realease a patch early due to the major injuries bug which had to be fixed. if that was not an issue it would of been a patch a few weeks after it was produced and then the data update 1 at the start of Feb with any other issues sorted.

SI do not have to produce patches as the game is playable out of the box but some bugs seriously effect the payablility for most people. Of course the liverpool takeover is going to be seen as a major issue by all liverpool fans as this will effect how we approach the game and the long term saves most have planned

It is a major change to the details to what is probably the most managed club in the game. so it will effect alot of people who purchase the game.

What?!? Are you being serious. I know of nobody but Liverpool fans that manage them. The most Managed team in the game is probably someone like Man City as everyone likes to try with pretty much unlimited funds. Either that or Arsenal for the turning them fully English challenge and the youth team, Manchester United because they're the most supported club in the world, or a top European team like Inter or Real Madrid/

What?!? Are you being serious. I know of nobody but Liverpool fans that manage them. The most Managed team in the game is probably someone like Man City as everyone likes to try with pretty much unlimited funds. Either that or Arsenal for the turning them fully English challenge and the youth team, Manchester United because they're the most supported club in the world, or a top European team like Inter or Real Madrid/

Jonny the liverpool thread is the most active thread in the forums. Most fans like to try a game with them to see if they can return the club to former glories as alot remember the team of the 80's and have a soft spot for the club due to the football played then.

Don't let any bias creep into your posts. I would agree with any Manu fan on here if it was them taken over and looking for the new owners to be in the game from the start

But its not a strategy to only realease 3 patches. Last year they needed to realease a patch early due to the major injuries bug which had to be fixed. if that was not an issue it would of been a patch a few weeks after it was produced and then the data update 1 at the start of Feb with any other issues sorted.

Rubbish.

There was never an injury bug as far as I'm aware just a load of people throwing their toys out of the pram because they can't use the same starting 11 every game.

The last few years SI's strategy on patches has always been 3 - One just after release, one around December & a final one in February/March.

Rubbish.

There was never an injury bug as far as I'm aware just a load of people throwing their toys out of the pram because they can't use the same starting 11 every game.

The last few years SI's strategy on patches has always been 3 - One just after release, one around December & a final one in February/March.

so 7 players getting injured in a game is natural then!!????

so 7 players getting injured in a game is natural then!!????

Got an example?

Please go back and read one of the many injury discussions that there were.

If I remember rightly PaulC asked people to upload instances where there were five or more in one match.

Jonny the liverpool thread is the most active thread in the forums. Most fans like to try a game with them to see if they can return the club to former glories as alot remember the team of the 80's and have a soft spot for the club due to the football played then.

Don't let any bias creep into your posts. I would agree with any Manu fan on here if it was them taken over and looking for the new owners to be in the game from the start

I can understand why you want the patch, but it's simply not viable until all the bugs found have been reported and a fix made for them. You'll only have to wait a week or 2 after the release. Have a game where you're just reckless. :)

Archived