Rooney wanting to leave Manchester United

Well, I think the fact that Rooney wanting to leave United and Liverpool's takeover going through (which I think I am right in saying only occured after the game went 'Gold') make a 'first patch' striaght after release more likely.

After all they put out a patch for last years game (it was that one wasn't it ?) becasue they had mistakenly retired Steven Carr, both the things I've mentioned are slightly more importnat than that (perhaps not to Mr Carr, admittedly)

Has he said he wants to leave?

His 'agent' said he won't sign a contract - big difference.

SI are not in the business of second guessing anyone's motives let alone reading the future so any attempt to 'detail' what a player wants to do is out of the question.

Check Sky Sports News

I guess you can just manually fix these things when the game comes out.. Just make rooney unhappy, or make the club and SAF disliked.. Personally, playing as Man Utd, I will be shipping him off after the first season, unless Rooney comes to his senses..

"Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Wayne Rooney has intimated to him that he wants to leave Manchester United."

So as I said, nothing from Wayne himself.

Read the acrticle, Fergie says he has had a meeting with him and he told Fergie he wont sign a new contract and wants to leave for a fresh challenge.

Can't see what Ferguson would get out of making up that story.....

"Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Wayne Rooney has intimated to him that he wants to leave Manchester United."

Stop being awkward and kidding yourself. He wants to leave.

Don't know if it will even be put into the patch. Would SI make him unhappy from the start of the game? They should do but i'm not sure.

I didn't say SAF is making up the story - in fact I am in full agreement that Rooney is probably leaving.

All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch - if ManU offer Rooney 250k -300k a week he will probably stay.

Thats why I said I wouldn't like his 'unhappiness' included in the patch as things could well change over the next few months.

If he did happen to sign a new contract at United and the game has him unhappy, then everytime we start a new game Rooney wont be a United player for very long.

Unless he has signed for a new club it probably shouldn't be included in any patch

It won't be included. Just think of all the players that will get unsettled between now and Christmas? Hundereds - will SImake changes to all the players in a patch? No. If they changed Rooney then they would have to do the same to other players etc - and it would be unjustified. And like people say - nothing has happened as of yet - and it can be resolved anyway.

Very much doubt United will offer Rooney that kind of money. 150k maybe and if he doesn't except that then who cares we will carry on without Rooney.

I agree. It is far too much but IT IS possible that MU will buckle and give in to his demands - hence why it would be impossible for SI to second guess the outcome.

So Fergie would confirm Rooney has said he wants to leave if Rooney had said nothing to him or his staff then???????

So Fergie would confirm Rooney has said he wants to leave if Rooney had said nothing to him or his staff then???????

Rooney never speaks directly to Fergie about these things . The key word is ' intimated'. The important thing to be aware of is that both sides are giving themselves options.

True, but I can't believe this is something or nothing that will blow over, I can't see any other outcome than him being at the blue half of Manchester come Jan 31st.

Like I said I plan to edit him in as 'transfer listed' and see where he ends up.

Thats the beauty of the editor, we can shape the game the way we like for such circumstances.

Im not certain there is a way to transfer list a player from the editor but if there is, putting him in Fergie's disliked personell is essential or the AI will just remove him from the list when the game starts up.

Thats the beauty of the editor, we can shape the game the way we like for such circumstances.

Im not certain there is a way to transfer list a player from the editor but if there is, putting him in Fergie's disliked personell is essential or the AI will just remove him from the list when the game starts up.

It wouldn't be the players though - it would be the agents.

Rooney probably dislikes SAF, but SAF does not dislike Rooney - he hates their agents and advisers.

It wouldn't be the players though - it would be the agents.

Rooney probably dislikes SAF, but SAF does not dislike Rooney - he hates their agents and advisers.

I know that IRL, im just making the point that in FM if you want to transfer list Rooney it could be done via the editor

I know that IRL, im just making the point that in FM if you want to transfer list Rooney it could be done via the editor

The only problem for us who dont have the time or effort for editoring is that shipping rooney off will effect the fans satisfaction towards me managing the club considerably which could get me sacked.

Is the game capable enough for us to dampen the rooney send off saving our skins as manchester united managers? prob not at the moment in fm2011

p.s. I think the 1st patch in 2010 was implemented because of the transfer embargo chelsea recieved from uefa at the time which was later removed by a sport council rulling.

The only problem for us who dont have the time or effort for editoring is that shipping rooney off will effect the fans satisfaction towards me managing the club considerably which could get me sacked.

Is the game capable enough for us to dampen the rooney send off saving our skins as manchester united managers? prob not at the moment in fm2011

p.s. I think the 1st patch in 2010 was implemented because of the transfer embargo chelsea recieved from uefa at the time which was later removed by a sport council rulling.

Why not just calm down. It's not real life.

As a Chelsea fan, I would like to add that there is every chance Wayne Rooney will be wearing our colours by start of next year, or even January :p City got the cash, but we are the Champions, and more prestiged, plus if Roman really wanted to, he could offer Rooney a massive deal

back on topic: I think a patch will just make Rooney dislike Fergie

Rooney never speaks directly to Fergie about these things . The key word is ' intimated'. The important thing to be aware of is that both sides are giving themselves options.

Rooney and his agent, Paul Stretford told Fergie and David Gill in August that Wayne wouldnt sign a new deal and wanted to leave. Its looking inevitable now, although it could change but.... unlikely

As a Chelsea fan, I would like to add that there is every chance Wayne Rooney will be wearing our colours by start of next year, or even January :p City got the cash, but we are the Champions, and more prestiged, plus if Roman really wanted to, he could offer Rooney a massive deal

back on topic: I think a patch will just make Rooney dislike Fergie

You realise some troll will quote this after the transfer window closes?

Well, I'll be the first to congratulate you on what was an excellently stupid post! well done

Rooney and his agent, Paul Stretford told Fergie and David Gill in August that Wayne wouldnt sign a new deal and wanted to leave. Its looking inevitable now, although it could change but.... unlikely

And you were there and witnessed the conversation? or do you just believe everything you read in the News of the World?

I will be changing it so that he will be listed by request but I can't decide on the asking price. The fact he has 20 months left on his contract I'll probably put it on £30m.

You can't really put it as transfer listed by club because they don't want him to leave.

Just put it as requested and his happiness as 1. I won't be doing it until after August though as like in real life it will be interesting to see what MUFC do with him now he wants to leave.

By the way, will the patch that changes L'pool's owners etc be usable on a saved game? I'm hardly going to start again when I can just change it myself.

If he was transfer listed via the editor would Man United just take him off the list. How could you make it possible? Can you have transfer listed by request in the editor?

I don't think you can put them on the transfer list via the editor but if he is put into Fergie's 'disliked personell' at 100, he should be automatically on the list when you start a new game.

you cant transfer list players in the editor can you.

best bet is just to make sure Rooneys contract does expire when it does in real life and then have rooney dislike the club and manager. That way he wont re-new it and either United will be smart and cash in, or keep him until his contract expires.

apologies if this has not been mentioned or suggested but the fmrte option is a great way to get rid of rooney. im sure you can add a future transfer of any player using fmrte so once he has been sold you could use this to set a future transfer to the club he is sold to irl for the same figure. this would only be a stop gap as in the patch after the january transfer window all transfers are included so if rooney is sold then it would be in that patch.

Archived