I stopped playing FM after FM09. Should I buy FM11?

Hi,

I'll give you a little backstory. I used to love FM I have played from CM97/98. I was even an in house tester for SI for about 6 months. My favourite type of scenarios were either little club to big club or career manager.

However my love for FM has waned over the last few years. Mostly for 2 reasons.

1) As I have got older I have had less time to play. SI have introduced more "speed bumps" to slow the game down. It is now taking longer and longer to complete seasons.

2) What finished me off was I moved from HK to the second divison in China. During the off season I brought in about 7 players which made my squad as strong as a mid table 1st division team. However whatever I tried I couldn't win. I don't know if it was that the players were not clicking. But even if they were only playing at 75% potential I should have smashed that league but was only ending up mid table. So I just quit during hlafway through the season.

So my questions is should I give FM 11 another go?

you just have to realize that winning in FM isnt like it was in CM where it was ridiculously easy to win.. FM is harder to be good at

The solution is to download the demo on friday (thursday if you're on Steam) and try it out there..

CM was too easy, I could go 3/4 seasons unbeaten and tended to get bored of it.

FM10 was the best yet in the whole series, FM11 will improve on that.

I was just about to delete my FM10 the other day and then got offered the bloody England job! So am still playing, resigned my liverpool job to take over at a lower league club, just to end my game by improving a team. Gonna keep this save game and might even go back to it one day!

If you got frustrated with the fm series because the pace of the game has slowed, then no, fm11 will be no different, so honestly, you'd be as well sticking with an earlier version that you liked.

Having said that, fm210 (and fm09) are decent enough games and pretty rewarding if you get into them.

Agree with everything that's been said. FM10 was a really really good game, very well polished and played really well in short and long-term saves. I hope FM11 will combine this aspect of it and a bunch of new really exciting stuff happening. Absolutely can't wait until Thursday.

FM10 was buggy as hell in the match engine. No denying. But it seems that they are trying hard to make it realistic and tighten up on this. I helped them by posting up lots of bugs in the match engine for them to rectify - no doubt it will be smooth now ;) Still FM10 was less buggy than FM09 and FM10 is the best around - rivals CM series classics.

FM11 seems a more 'polished' game - not FM10. Areas tightened up, more realistic and smoother it appears.

Yes give it a go, play the demo and see if you like it.

I loved FM09 and had an epic save going with a career game. I made the bad decision (at the time) to jump to FM10 when it was released. With SI promising it would be the most tuned version yet released it took three patches to bring the game to a level where I enjoyed FM09.

I would say wait, get the demo though but dont bother starting a career game until the patches are released.

FM10 has already been a huge step forward in terms of accessibility. Creating tactics which work decently is way easier now than it was in FM09.

With all the other improvements made over 2 versions you should definitely give FM11 a shot.

I for myself will very probably skip FM11, my first skipped version since, out of all, CM0102. This is because I like FM10 that much and especially due to my network game with 2 mates which is always the best save but would only last for 3 seasons a version as with 5 hours played per week you don't get any further with 3 people playing otherwise. That being said, buying FM12 will be a no-brainer for me then.

Archived