Transfer Window

In keeping with previous versions of the FM series normally released in late autumn/ early winter it will be safe to assume that all summer transfer window switches have been applied.

However, my suggestion to add an increased layer of realisim would be that players perhaps transferred later in the window IRL would not be added to a club's squad in the game until that particular date.

This would give a game player the opportunity to confirm or cancel the deal when it is due to go through if they feel they do not need the player rather than being stuck with them and unable sell them. ie. Konchesky to Liverpool on 31st August.

I'm betting when you load up the game and it starts on 30th June, Konchesky will be in the Liverpool squad.

Really looking forward to new game.

PS. Apologies if this post is in wrong forum or has been covered before, this is my first post.

I can see where your coming from, you would like to start off with the same clean slate Roy Hodgson did when he took over at Liverpool, but as was mentioned by Ishu above, the game is FM11 so SI need to start with all the squads that are in place for the coming season.

Creating the option to cancel the transfers may cause some technical and maybe even legal issues for SI. (Thats a guess though)

Further to my point. All transfers IRL would still go ahead in the game and simulated as happened IRL during the summer 2010 window, however, they would only go through on the day they signed IRL.

Its not realistic if for instance a team had a Champions League qualifier in July/ early August and were able to select a player that did not sign for the club IRL until the deadline day from day 1.

In theory if a club IRL signed 3 galacticos on D-Day but your team in the game are drawn against them in a qualifier in early August and they were able to field those 3 superstars thus strengthening the opposition it would sit right would it?

Each player in this category ie. Konchesky would start at their original club as of June 2010 (Fulham in this case) when the game was loaded up but with a TNR remark next to him detailing 'Joining Liverpool on 31/8/10 which would indeed go through.

An option should you be managing a team that a late window transfer was made IRL would be made to 'Confirm' or 'Cancel' deal in the same manner as any other transfer. So the opportunity lies with the manager to decide whether they need a particular player or not. So it only relates to human players. The computer processes all the transfers in accordance with IRL but only on the day they actually transferred, which I think adds to the realism.

Archived