Damn That Samir Nasri!

I'm currently enjoying my latest game as the manager of the mighty Stockport County. Normally I play as my beloved Wednesday but my last save game went somewhere into 2030+ and I decided on a new challenge. I let the game pick me a team and here I am as Stockport manager.

Anyway I'm several seasons in and have finally made it into the premiership. My squad is full of kids as they are all I can afford the wages for, the stadium is at it's max of 20,000, when I do get a really great player my chairman sells him from under my nose for peanuts and I have to relay the pitch every season as it floods all the time. All so frustrating, but fun all the same.

Now to the thread title. As I said it's my first season in the premiership. We are managing to keep above the relegation zone and things are going ok except..

It's now March. I've played Arsenal once in the Premiership, twice in the league cup and twice in the FA Cup (held them to a draw in the first match).

Good god it's hard enough as it is, let alone playing Arsenal 5 times and once more to come! Now I know when I play Arsenal I expect to be beat; hoping to nick a draw. Thats not the issue. What is, is Samir Nasri. In all of the 5 games I have shut up shop and tried to sneak a goal on the counter attack. In 3 of the games it's worked and I've taken a 1-0 lead. Then up steps Samir Nasri . When I say up steps, I mean literally from 30 yards away with a screaming top corner freekick. The first time I nodded my head in respect, the second time I shook my head in a de ja vu way, the third time I nearly threw the keyboard out the window!

Thankfully it's only been 3 out of the 5 games, but then again in the other 2 games Arsenal have scored first. As a Wednesday fan I know bugger all about Premiership football, but do watch it from time to time. Have to say I love to watch the Arsenal play, but in the games I have watched, I have never seen Nasri smack in a 30yrd freekick let alone 3 times in 1 season!

I'm asking the Arsenal fans out there, is this a common thing for Nasri to do or am I just being massively unlucky?

I'm dreading the next game to come up especially as I can't tell any of my players to kick the crap out of him. Sorry Nasri fans, but I am rapidly developing an irrational dislike of him as a real player too ;)

Ok, here we go, 6th game against them this season and the great news is Nasri is injured. Looks like the bribe I offered the whole of the Stoke team worked as they crocked him.

Bad news, lost 3-1 and handed theme title. Fingers crossed that I only have to face them twice next season.

It's obviously m'tacticts. Will have to invent an anti Arsenal set. I've never forgiven them for 1993, revenge will have to be attained next season!

Ok, here we go, 6th game against them this season and the great news is Nasri is injured. Looks like the bribe I offered the whole of the Stoke team worked as they crocked him.

Bad news, lost 3-1 and handed theme title. Fingers crossed that I only have to face them twice next season.

It's obviously m'tacticts. Will have to invent an anti Arsenal set. I've never forgiven them for 1993, revenge will have to be attained next season!

as a gunner i find that a proud moment, but i do spare a thought for wednesday, losing 2 finals to us, 1 in extra time of the replay must really sting - couple of great finals we had then

as a gunner i find that a proud moment, but i do spare a thought for wednesday, losing 2 finals to us, 1 in extra time of the replay must really sting - couple of great finals we had then

As you say, they were great finals. T'was gutting at the time to lose both, but days that I'll never forget. As we are now, we can't even get past the first round we enter, let alone a final. Ho hum.

I've now decided that the best way to stop Nasri repeating this feat next season, is to try and sign him. My scouts (useless) say he should be a definate signing and he would be the star player of my team. I have no doubt that he'll be signing any day soon; who wouldn't want to leave league champions Arsenal for Stockport?

Hopefully the board will back me with some of the cash that they have raised from selling my players (I'm sick of having to tell the press conferences that I have a good relationship with the chairman, when I actually despise him).

Off topic, but as it's my topic it's ok; What does a goalkeeper have to do to get a seriously high rating? My strikers can be crap all game, get a hatrick in the last 20mins and get nigh on a 10 rating. I just played against Coventry in the FA cup quarter final (Coventry are still a championship club) and battered them. It was one of the most one sided games I have played, yet we only won 3-1. Westwood was outstanding for them. Without him it could have been 15-1 yet he only scored a 7.5

I know he conceeded 3 goals, but a 7.5 rating is a woeful score for such a great performance and I see this happening a lot. Does anyone else think that the game is too harsh on a keepers rating once they conceed more than 1 goal?

Archived