Andy Carrol & Kevin Nolan

Pending a court hearing in January Andy Carrol has to live with club captain Kevin Nolan until then? Will this affect you signing either of them in game during the first window or the January one? Will you have to sign both or neither etc?

Don't think this will be implemented into the game to be honest. Why does he have to live with Nolan by the way?

I'm sure it's something to do with the assault he's been charged with or been accused of. Don't know which as I haven't been paying attention. Maybe because Nolan is captain they see Nolan as a good role model.

With the extreme likelihood that Mr Carroll could be set for a spell at HM pleasure (on bail now for 2 assaults!) after the court case in November time would the January data just say 'Unavailable to play until (insert date)?

It's not like this has any effect in the game. The game doesn't specify where players live. It doesn't care that Carroll has to live Nolan as it's completely irrelevant information. Maybe if Carroll went to play for Exeter or someone it would be a problem, but even then it is far too much work to program for one player.

With the extreme likelihood that Mr Carroll could be set for a spell at HM pleasure (on bail now for 2 assaults!) after the court case in November time would the January data just say 'Unavailable to play until (insert date)?

You can bet it will.

Can't believe this is even being discussed. There is no way something like this could be implemented into FM

Why not? All it takes is for the judges to say he can't move from Newcastle and has to live with Nolan and then he can't really be sold. This may or may not be hard to implement in to the game but if it happened it should go in :thup:.

The purpose of Carroll being made to live with Nolan is (I think)

1) To keep Carroll away from his ex

2) More importantly, so that Carroll has someone to 'look after' him (crude term)

Should Carroll be sold while this ruling is in place, I'm sure the judge will simply assign that Carroll live with someone else with his new team.

Therefore, not really something that affects the game.

Why not? All it takes is for the judges to say he can't move from Newcastle and has to live with Nolan and then he can't really be sold. This may or may not be hard to implement in to the game but if it happened it should go in :thup:.

He can't be FORCED to live with Kevin Nolan. It was probably an option as part of some sort of communtiy service thing. There would be a time limit on that!

If we were to implement the above, thats one step away from Wags not wanting to move to certain countries......'confused'

Actually, it seems that Carroll was bailed on condition that he lived with Nolan.

So it's actually just a temporary measure before he is sentenced/acquitted. It's similar to a potential criminal out on bail but with restrictions on his activities.

He can't be FORCED to live with Kevin Nolan. It was probably an option as part of some sort of communtiy service thing. There would be a time limit on that!

If we were to implement the above, thats one step away from Wags not wanting to move to certain countries......'confused'

He can.

Actually, it seems that Carroll was bailed on condition that he lived with Nolan.

So it's actually just a temporary measure before he is sentenced/acquitted. It's similar to a potential criminal out on bail but with restrictions on his activities.

This :thup:. If he doesn't do as the judges say then he will most probably go to jail.

He can.

Thats like me being ordered to live with you! Kevin Nolan has to have agreed to it and as you say probably part of his bail condition which was what I was sort of getting at with communty service thing.

If I get in trouble can you put you down for a similar arrangement?? :)

Back to FM though, stopping a player from being able to transfer to another club because of a court order IRL is just going a bit too far with the realism IMO. For all we know he could legally sign for a spanish team as long as he's home to Nolan's house every night ;)

Archived