Help Truly Needed

I'm an FM2006 vet just getting into WSM2008. I am MK Dons in League 2. The game begins in the Summer of 2006, according to the game calendar. The League 2 schedule shows no matches until Aug. 11, 2007. I have taken my game to Aug. 23, 2006, having already played some friendlies.

I thought perhaps the dates in the game calendar and league sched were screwed up. But no league matches were played on Aug. 11 and 18, 2006. Also, the Reserve and U18 leagues are not showing up in the game.

What am I doing wrong?

hi, i have the same problem when i dont start at the beginning of the season for who i am taking over. Dont know why it does it as you have to go through trial and error to get teams to play friendlies against. I would have thought it would just play as in real life, if a manager got fired and you were hired. Hopefully they will fix it for FM09

Thanks, canvey!! I started a new game and found the problem. When you set up a game with the "wizard," the default start date is July 2006. Using the "manual" system, the default start date is July 2007 -- and the upcoming league matches show up on the calendar.

Archived