My scouts are so bad lol.

Keep in mind i never use scouts that dont have between 18-20 for judging potential and current ability

I can see a young player who i really like the look of, send a scout or two to see what they make of him and they will basically say he has nowhere near the potential to be a top player and wouldn't be a worthwhile signing and then a few years later, he is playing for another top club, worth about £20m and is a world star.

Although, I know it is realistic, scouts don't always get it right. So it is a good thing too.

They are always quite far off when they predict how much a player will cost, as well.

I hate complaining and i dont want to seem like im complaining because i love FM, i just want to know if anyone else has had dodgy scouts? And maybe some examples?

I find it the opposite, my scout finds a player and say he'll be very good, joins the club and you think "must get him off the wage bill"

to be fair, if i send a scout on an assignment, now and then he will come back with a highly recommended player who will be amazing, it's just when i scout one player in particular, the scout will be terrible!

In fm10 my scouts would never rate a youngster with more than 3 stars than the stars he had for his current ability. so even if he was one of the hottest prospects, he would still only get a 3 or 3.5 star recommendation

4 or higher rating means he can be the main player for the club. 3 stars PA aren't bad considring young regens usually have .5 to 1.5 stars CA.

Archived