Cannot Score

Has anybody got any tips for me.

I have played Football Manager ever since I can remember but it seem fm2010 is frustrating me enough to want to share my view on the forum.

I have got Welling Utd into the Premiership and am in my 3rd season in the top flight. I have rebuilt my squad over the past 3 seasons and have, for the last season and a half started to be able to dominate the majority of my fixtures. However, it seems that this does not matter, I can have 4/5 clear cut chances and squander ALL of them and losing 1-0 seems to be my teams favourite scoreline. This has happened for awhile now and is sooo annoying, my players still have great morale and always play well...it just seems the game will just not allow me to beat the likes of Chelsea, just because they are Chelsea, even though I'm all over them like a cheap suit. AND to make matters worse, the player who scored for them couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when he was with me for 4 seasons previous to moving clubs twice and ending up at Chelsea!!! Something must be wrong?

Jake :mad:

Have you tried buying her flowers first?

Anyhoo, I have no idea if this actually has an effect or if it just passes by itself; but whenever this happens I put all my potential goalscorers on a special training program with intensive shooting, tactical, ball control and set pieces training.

Shooting and set pieces for the obvious reasons, tactical to have them get in the best position and ball control so they don't screw up their first touch and waste the chance.

Anyhoo, I have no idea if this actually has an effect or if it just passes by itself; but whenever this happens I put all my potential goalscorers on a special training program with intensive shooting, tactical, ball control and set pieces training.

Can only have a very low indirect effect.

You need to study your games in greater detail, to be honest. What type of chances are the clear cut chances? Is the same player always missing them? Are your midfielders taking 10 wasteful long shots a game where they could be slipping in a nice through ball? There's a lot to look at.

Archived