Do rival teams ever approach or sign you?

Let me explain a bit better,

I became a legend manager whilst managing Notts Co. And because my favorite team was set as Man Utd, Man City wouldn't touch me although R.Madrid, Barca, United, England ect did want me

(i was just taking over teams and retiring with another manager to see who would hire me after i saved the game, i did it with city like 11 times and they would just hire anyone but me)

due to this, i might just set my favorite team as "none" next time to improve my chances. Although, i would eventually want the man utd job and i know having them as my fav team helps

well city hired Mark Hughes didnt they?

in the real world, i dont think it really matters who the manager supports, for example i heard Mourinho was a Barca fan, and was their assistant manager. Didnt stop Real Madrid getting him!

not that i really care anyway, i was just in a rut with notts co, getting bored and i thought at city i would like a fun bit of spending and creating my own dream team.

bit different as just cause he is a united fan doesnt mean that he is a united legend...

Ok, you got a point here, but still, if you are a fan of Milan, it would be stupid to coach Internazionale, because you might even want to jeopardize your team's season to see your favourite team winning them all. Not probable, but possible.

Managers are professionals and at the end of the day they would not commit professional suicide by destroying a club due to personal allegiences.

I dont think managers would take a job just to ruin a team - if their personal preferences meant that they hated a team that much, then I doubt they would ever accept the job anyways.

I think Steve Bruce is a Newcastle fan and he is managing Sunderland. George Graham famously once (sadly for me being a Spurs fan) managed Spurs etc. So it does happen.

Managers are professionals and at the end of the day they would not commit professional suicide by destroying a club due to personal allegiences.

I dont think managers would take a job just to ruin a team - if their personal preferences meant that they hated a team that much, then I doubt they would ever accept the job anyways.

I think Steve Bruce is a Newcastle fan and he is managing Sunderland. George Graham famously once (sadly for me being a Spurs fan) managed Spurs etc. So it does happen.

Except, of course, if you're Woy Hodgson. :thup:

Archived