Am I the only one..

..that's become the fan of a certain club after playing with them in Football Manager for alot of period of time? Since I begun playing Football Manager back in 2000, ( ..you know what I mean. ) I've become a fan of Torquay, Dag & Red, Maidenhead, AFC Wimbledon, Solihull Moors, Cheltenham and especially Chelsea. I check all their IRL progress now, and I even watch Chelsea's matches. It's become my favorite club in the world as of 2003, right before they signed Jose Mourinho, when Claudio Ranieri was still in-charge. I still dream of the day I'll actually go to one of their matches. :)

EDIT: I'd like to point out that im not from the UK.

• SI Staff

I wouldn't say I have become a fan but because of playing as certain teams has made me like them a bit more. To the point that I bought a Boca Juniors shirt with Palacio on the back of it due to him being a monster a couple of versions ago. Still haven't been able to get a San Marino Calcio shirt though.

On the flip side it has made me dislike teams because they always beat me. Like Cagliari. I don't think I have ever beaten them on FM.

Yeah, i wouldnt go so far to say a "fan", but i certinaly do keep an eye out for results.

My most recent team Keflavik in Iceland, managed them for about 7/8 seasons and always keep an eye out for there results. Also other teams i had success with, such as my time with Genoa.

On the flip side it has made me dislike teams because they always beat me. Like Cagliari. I don't think I have ever beaten them on FM.

I feel the exact same way about bleeding Genoa and their flukey last minute goals!

I look out for AFC Wimbledon, Peterborough, PSV and Spartak Moscow (except tuesday when I hope they lose heavily). I've got tickets to the chelsea spartak game at stamford bridge, I can't wait to see them in action especially my star striker Welliton.

Im a Spurs fan but living in Gillingham,means I go to a few Gills games and also follow theier progress (or more likely regression)

Football manager though has meant that I have built up an affiliation with some other smaller UK teams and other foreign clubs. For example, I have soft spots for Bradford PA, Staines and Bath after successful FM saves.....and my massive successes at Napoli and Den Bosch means that I will always be intrested in what they get up to :)

yeh, i seem to have a club i look out for (and in some cases i really have become a fan of) in most countries and the English Lower leagues: Celtic, Barca, Stuttgart, Juve, Roda JC, Boavista, OGC Nice, Besiktas, Boston United, Dallas, Corinthians, Tivoli Gardens, Joe Public, Kaiser Cheifs, and on and on and on and on and on. although to be fair a couple of those are FIFA-related more than FM

I've a soft spot for Brentford and Cambridge United due to CM 96/97. Brentford had a load of players who IRL were playing for Gillingham at the time, so I decided to manage Brentford for that reason and loved it.

Great thread! :thup:

In a way FM played quite a big part in me becoming a more partisan supporter of St. Albans City. I was already following the club in a fairly casual way after moving to the area quite a few years back but after an amazing save with them back in 2006 (on FM2007) I ended up getting really hooked on Non-League football and the Saints. More and more, I found myself really supporting the team and getting more emotionally attached, plus I started going to all of the home games and the odd away too. These days I'm a season ticket holder, I write match reports for their home games, I have written for the official website and the match day programme, and I also run an unofficial forum for the club. Plus, I'm also involved in the data research for FM. In some ways, I don't think I would have been quite so involved and addicted if it wasn't for FM. These days, I'm a Saint through and through. :cool:

I also become a follower/admirer of Hellas Verona, mainly because of the book A Season in Verona by Tim Parks, but also because I loved the club's name and found out quite a lot about them via FM saves. Back in the day, I would quite often have an Italian save and end up at Hellas Verona, just as I have in one of my FM10 saves this time around. It also helps that they play in yellow and blue. ;)

I could never support anyone in the English leagues except for Bournemouth, the mighty Cherries. I have developed a soft spot for a few teams I have managed in the game.

Skarp IF and KFUM Oslo in Norway

Koper in Slovenia

Forfar in Scotland

I follow Bangor City too, but that is as much as living up there as it is playing them in a version of FM.

I'm becoming a bit of a fan of Burton Albion - I have been playing as them in the last few versions and after a house move last year they are my nearest 'proper' club so I am planning on going to see them play soon!

Added to the fact they have taken James Collins on loan from Villa!

I wouldn't say I have become a fan but because of playing as certain teams has made me like them a bit more. To the point that I bought a Boca Juniors shirt with Palacio on the back of it due to him being a monster a couple of versions ago. Still haven't been able to get a San Marino Calcio shirt though.

you can buy it online from http://www.sanmarinocalcio.com/default.asp?id=1105 ... it's in Italian, if you need any help translating let me know!

to be honest, I started to follow Cagliari after playing a long career with them a few years back. 4 years ago I was on holiday in Sardinia and by coincidence I ended up watching them take on Juventus! Juve won 2-1 with Cannavaro scoring hte winning goal after 96 minutes when the ref only gave 2 extra minutes. This was the year Juve were stripped of the title!

Archived