re: Blue Square Bet North in FM2011 - 21 clubs?

Due to Ilkeston Town going out of business, will the Blue Square Conference North have just 21 clubs in FM2011, will Ilkeston still in about or will they replace them with another?

I'm currently thinking who to be and this would be a cracking challenge...

It depends on when Ilkeston went out of business ... if before the start of the season, then it won't be in, though I think they will replace it with another team, as I don't think the game engine can really handle these situations well. If it happens after the start of the season, they will be in, but most likely in a very precarious financial situation.

I would have thought that they'd start with the full 22 teams, inlcuding them regardless just for continuity purposes. I figure it might be quite difficult to implement a shortened season and then a one-off extra promotion in the game

Thanks all; good to see others also enjoying the non-league and not starting with Leeds or a larger club as the majority of my mates do!

If the league does start with 21, hopefully it doesn't continue like that.

I'm liking the idea of Gainsborough Trinity or Boreham Wood... any thoughts?

I think that there was still a good week or so between their demise and the data lock so would like to think that they wouldn't be in the game but I'm pretty sure they will be in there due to the short notice.

I am always Bromley - love the challenge of getting them from blue square south into the football league.

I guess if Ilkeston are out of business FM will replicate this - they do with things like points deductions.

Heh, funny, I did Bromley too. I figured, they're near a dense enough area, gotta be able to leech some fans. I stopped playing somewhat through my first season in coca cola league 1 though, lost the mood!.

The Belgian club Mouscron went bust in the middle of last season and in the last data update they had been removed from the game, leaving the Belgian first division with 15 teams for the first season. At the end of the season the game promoted an extra team to fill up all the divisions to the correct number of teams, so I imagine the same will happen wrt Ilkeston. Whether there was time to implement it for the gold version or if it will be dealt with in a patch we'll have to wait and see.

Archived