Team GB in FM11?

It is happening in real life. Not possibly; I'd be highly suprised if it wasn't in.
Any chance of a link about that it's definitely happening ? (Team GB) cause i can't find anything on this, i did a quick search and failed to find anything recent (most of the articles i found was dated 2009 or earlier) from what i've read though it's only England and Northern Ireland that have 'expressed' interest so far.

Any chance of a link about that it's definitely happening ? (Team GB) cause i can't find anything on this, i did a quick search and failed to find anything recent (most of the articles i found was dated 2009 or earlier) from what i've read though it's only England and Northern Ireland that have 'expressed' interest so far.

And Northern Ireland are ineligble to represent GB according to Olympics rules, as they are a part of Ireland in the olympic movement (the OCI being an all-island body).

I will think that you find its team GB and NI as pne on the Olympics.

No it's just team Great Britain, otherwise the team would be known as United Kingdom. There has been a gentleman's agreement that individual athletes could declare for GB as long as the GB olympic committee (or UK Sport) did not offer any financial inducements, or otherwise actively induce, to the athlete to declare. There was major wrangling over it a few years back as the UK bodies were not adhering to this agreement and were in breach of Olympics rules.

"Under the terms of a long-standing settlement between the British Olympic Association and the Olympic Council of Ireland, athletes from Northern Ireland can elect to represent Ireland at the Olympics as Northern Irish people are legally entitled to dual citizenship"

• 1 month later...

Archived