Wanting a new appraoch; help me choose a tactic?

First things first, hello everyone, first time poster, long time lurker and player.

Having grown a little bored with my current game, I've decided to start a new one, and thought I'd have a go at a new tactic. Unfortunately, my creativity is next to zero... So, I humbly come to you guys, hoping for some suggestions!

In my current AFC Wimbledon game, I'm using a defensive, counter-attacking direct/norwegian style) 4-5-1 tactic. It's gotten me some great results and into the premier league in 2017, but now I feel I'd give an offensive tactic a go. Also, since I've usually gone for either that 4-5-1 tactic or the related 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 tactic, I've always had a lone striker... It would've been fun to try two strikers again. Apart from that, I'm all ears! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I will probably play a team in the lower leagues in Italy...

4-4-2.

Full back support both.

Central defenders.

Wide midfielder cutting inside, support.

Winger attack.

Deep lying playmaker defend.

Advanced playmaker support.

Deep lying forward support.

Advanced forward attack.

It's a formation I enjoy anyway, can be successful. Suppose like any tactic, you just need the right players to fit the system.

Not guarenteed success. Not some special always win tactic but flexible and good football played.

Short passing, more expressive, medium width and line. Quick tempo. Press more, man marking. But I then do individual tactics as well.

---------------------------------gk-------------------------------------

-------------------DC----------DC--------DC-------------------------

--------------------------------DM-------------------------------------

-------------------------MC----------MC------------------------------

-----AMR----------------------------------------------------AML----

------------------------ST-------------ST----------------------------

with the wingers cutting inside and the DM set as anchor man

An amazingly succesful tactic with my milan side havent lost a game for 1 and a half years

I love playing my interpretation of the 3-5-2 tatic

GK

CD CD CD

DM DM

RW

LW

AM

S S

I almost didn't see the wingers :D

Anyway, I guess you just what fits best your squad, but of course you can try some cool stuff. I used a 3-5-2 with Napoli which was counter-attack based and was pretty fun to watch.

------DC-DC-DC-------

RWB-------------LWB

------CM-CM-CM------

---------ST-ST---------

I almost didn't see the wingers :D

I was seeing how far apart I could put them to give the impression that I play wide wingers :p

I should have added that I split my team in two defence and attack. Though the lower down I play the more I get players to run back and help out - have had some fun with Notts County. The better a team you are the attractive the game looks.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! First of all, I should've noted that what players I have really doesn't matter that much... I'll be starting in the lower leagues where rebuilding a squad is easy, and I'm a fan of tweaking the players to fit the tactic instead of tweaking the tactic to fit the players...

I've got to say, the 3-5-2 tactic has always been something of a holy grail to me; I've never been able to pull it off. Ever. It always ends with my team struggling to get 45% possession, few goals and conceding every time the opponent crosses... lhinchliffe, what roles do you use for the DM's? It seems rather defensive and narrow having 5 defensive players in the centre...

So far I'm considering either a narrow 4-4-2 diamond(dm, 2mc, am) or, if I can find a way, a 3-5-2....

My two DM's are both anchor men/defensive midfielders - in the perfect world while defending they would both go to separate wings - to replace the wingback - whilst my centre defender (the cover man) would push up and it would make a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but in FM it's a 3-2-2-1-2 formation. In the lower leagues I always play with at least one anchor man and find having two is good and with wide wingers I am still able to stretch the play.

I used 4-5-1 asymmetric as my backup tactic, when my 4-3-3 Barca style can't keep possession.

GK - sweeper-keeper / RB - full-back / 2*DC - defend / DM - anchor man / MC - deep-lying playmaker / MR - winger / AMC -trequartista / AML - inside forward / FC - complete forward

can also be mirrored to suits available players though.

all of my wins have been with one system. For example in my last save i started of with chelsea. first season won prem, second won prem and champ league

went to left and went to valencia, was top after 15 games but didn't like it so i went to colchester.

colchester where bottom after 20 games and took them to 9th.

I left colchester at the end of that season and after 10/15 games i took over west ham who where bottom of prem. took them to 10th.

-----------------------------goalkeeper

right back -----centre back----centre back ----- left back

-------------------centre mid ------centre mid

right attacking mid -------------------------left attacking mid

------------------striker-------------striker

Archived