4 games in 7 days

Ridiculous. Was top of the championship going into the run, now 3rd. Played games Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday again. Most of my players are knackered and I still have the 4th game to play. Anybody had anything along these lines? I need an option to slam the FA in the press at the moment, really annoyed

Ridiculous. Was top of the championship going into the run, now 3rd. Played games Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday again. Most of my players are knackered and I still have the 4th game to play. Anybody had anything along these lines? I need an option to slam the FA in the press at the moment, really annoyed

I've just had that in my last sesh with Spurs - the cost of postponements due to international call-ups and reaching the finals of too many cups.

21.4 Champs League semi 1st leg (lost)

23.4 EPL

25.4 EPL

29.4 Champs League semi 2nd leg (squeezed thro')

2.5 EPL

6.5 EPL (Chelsea - lost)

8.5 EPL (Arsenal - we clinched the title)

10.5 EPL (last game - sent out the kids, lost)

16.5 FA Cup final (beat Citeh)

20.5 Champs League final (burned out: lost)

Yikes! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I've just had that in my last sesh with Spurs - the cost of postponements due to international call-ups and reaching the finals of too many cups.

23.4 EPL

25.4 EPL

2.5 EPL

6.5 EPL (Chelsea - lost)

Yikes! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear oh dear that's rough, but it does back up some peoples suggestion that fixture congestion is built on success so you don't get much sympathy icon_biggrin.gif.

Unless you play in Germany, where I had 4 games in 9 days in November icon_confused.gif

You should try playing in Iceland and juggling Europe and cups. I saw one season in FM06 (mebee it has changed in FM08, but I doubt much notice is taken of Icelandic fixture lists) where Fram had to finish with something like 7 games in 9 or 10 days! They were playing on successive days on more than one occasion. Unsurprisingly it kind of blunted their already slim title challenge!

Personally I don't care if my fixtures come thick and fast. I send mostly the same team out, with a few minor tweaks, every game - it's tough if they get tired icon_razz.gif

*is a caring kind of manager icon_cool.gif

Happens IRL, looks at Rangers, they had Uefa Cup final last wendesday, Motherwell on the Saturday, St. Mirren on Monday and have Aberdeen on Thursday. All away from home aswell.

It's just the pirce of success (and asking the SPL to postpone your match against Gretna (who have have won 5 games all season (38 played)) so you can prepare for your Champion's League match at home to Lyon which you lose 3-0).

icon_biggrin.gif

wasn't just rangers fault. Celtic wanted the old firm game on the 2nd of january postponed due to the death of phil o'donnel. Motherwells poor pitch accounted for the bad fixture build up aswell as problems with gretna.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Von Muff:

It is a definite conspiracy againsy my club. Wigan and Derby don't get this treatment. Love it if we beat them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very Kevin Keegan of you

"Love it if we beat them"

and we all know what happened when he said that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D-Wight:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Von Muff:

It is a definite conspiracy againsy my club. Wigan and Derby don't get this treatment. Love it if we beat them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very Kevin Keegan of you

"Love it if we beat them"

and we all know what happened when he said that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

23.4 EPL

25.4 EPL

2.5 EPL

6.5 EPL (Chelsea - lost)

Yikes! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. You win. I concede.

Archived