Fm 2010 and something I hope changes in fm 11

Now in the higher divisions its not as bad. But in the lower divisions say from conference national and down its stupid.

at the end of the season the top goalscorer in the division is lucky to get 15 goals. In real life(which this game is trying to emulate) top goalscorers in most divisions is over 23. Normally 30 odd. Especially in the lower divisions. I have heard storys of playes scoring 40+ in lots of lower leagues. The highest I have seen in fm 2010 is about 18. Mostly the top scorer has 11-13 goals lol.

Has anybody else had this prob? I checked the forums search and could not seem to fins anything which I find amazing. for someone who playsin the lower leagues like myself it is so annoying and boring and just no fun. I came back to fm 2010 last week as I heard there was some updates and patches etc. I thought ok I will try it once more. so loaded up a new game and its the same 0-0 and 1-0 everywhere in the lower leagues.

The more I play fm 2010 the more i wanted to go bacxk to the best version in my eyes fm 2006. the ratings, Goals, scores etc are so much more realistic. Even in the leagues below conf north and south which are not run on full you get decent goalscorers and players ratings above 7.4 with most teams. In fm 2010 the highest player is lucky to get 7.2. Just unrealistic if there is a player who is good enuf for 2 or 3 levels up which many are.

And I also really dislike the ratings of a new decimal point. 7.1, 6.7? Not sure why but I really love the old system of a rating of 1-10. So anyviews guys and has anyone else found this annoying or frustrating? And any ideas if fm 2011 will address this?

Thanks.

Yh i really hate the rating system too i think it should be 6.25, 6.5, 6.75 and 7 not .1 etc its stupid but the goals in my games normally relate to real life but in one game andy keogh score 46 goals in 45 games and people ive seen on here have the same where players scoring 50 odd goals in one season which is ridiculous

have a chat to the LLM guys in their forum as well mate, but i dont think that the number of goals scored is going to change a great deal as players stats dont charge a huge amount in those leages year to year (mainly strikers stats etc are causing the low goals.) I dont think its really unplayable though. I am a LLM myself and do not find it to be no fun that i battle each week?

In regards to the rating it is alot better now IMO. i mean with 1-10 you are limited so much, if you player got, what is now a 6.6, in the old version it would be a 7, but if he got a 6.5 he would get a 6? FM11 will not be changing this i believe. Maybe an option to choose between the 2 in the future may exist but not this time.

And there I was thinking you were complaining about something reallly annoying like cup draws being teams you play on league competition

Erm. To me seeing players score 11 goals in a whole season and bieng awarded the golden boot is annoying. And teams drawing 20/23 games in 1 season. Most teams scoring less than they have played. for me that is unplayable. sounds silly but I like to see goals. If anyone is getting 50 odd goals i bet you that is with a cheat tactic or they just have such a superior team. I love managing in the conference. I love being Barnet and editing them ino it and winning it. And I love giving players who have never played pro football a chance at Barnet after bringing them thru the reserves. I just find it so rare that a player gets 8 or more in a game. Its always around 7. I used to love players finishing the sesoson with an average of a high 7. close to 8. The highest you see now is rarely above 7.2 for whole season. It would be nice to just see a few players getting 30 odd goals in a season in the levels 7 and below.

Now in the higher divisions its not as bad. But in the lower divisions say from conference national and down its stupid.

at the end of the season the top goalscorer in the division is lucky to get 15 goals. In real life(which this game is trying to emulate) top goalscorers in most divisions is over 23. Normally 30 odd. Especially in the lower divisions. I have heard storys of playes scoring 40+ in lots of lower leagues. The highest I have seen in fm 2010 is about 18. Mostly the top scorer has 11-13 goals lol.

Has anybody else had this prob? I checked the forums search and could not seem to fins anything which I find amazing. for someone who playsin the lower leagues like myself it is so annoying and boring and just no fun. I came back to fm 2010 last week as I heard there was some updates and patches etc. I thought ok I will try it once more. so loaded up a new game and its the same 0-0 and 1-0 everywhere in the lower leagues.

The more I play fm 2010 the more i wanted to go bacxk to the best version in my eyes fm 2006. the ratings, Goals, scores etc are so much more realistic. Even in the leagues below conf north and south which are not run on full you get decent goalscorers and players ratings above 7.4 with most teams. In fm 2010 the highest player is lucky to get 7.2. Just unrealistic if there is a player who is good enuf for 2 or 3 levels up which many are.

And I also really dislike the ratings of a new decimal point. 7.1, 6.7? Not sure why but I really love the old system of a rating of 1-10. So anyviews guys and has anyone else found this annoying or frustrating? And any ideas if fm 2011 will address this?

Thanks.

I cant recall any player scoring 40 goals in a season, let alone it happening in lots of leagues! (Andy Cole did it I believe for Newcastle?)

However 25 goals + is common.

I haven't had a problem with scoring in the Lower Leagues. The best scorers have generally averaged a goal a game which is realistic.

And I much prefer the current match ratings for players instead of just being given a whole number. If it was changed to what the OP wants, then a 7.4 match rating would be shown as a 7.

So in essence, I disagree on both issues :D lol.

When I was playing at lower levels (BSP/BSN/League 2) the divisional top scoreres were generally in the mid-to-high 20s. One season they hit 37 (firing an otherwise mediocre side to the title ahead of me, courtesy of two injury time goals on the last day of the season :( )

In terms of players scoring 40+ a season, maybe it happens semi-regularly at very low levels, but not in the divisions included in the standard database (and you'd have to quite a way further down, I'd think). If you're using an edited database (you did say something about level 7), it may be that the engine doesn't deal so well with players of that low a standard and there are fewer goals (which would also explain the number of draws, something which certainly hasn't been a problem for me in the BSP/BSN),

Regarding the ratings, I don't know why you'd want to remove the decimals. The difference between 6/7 is pretty significant, but you have no idea whereabouts in the range of 5.5 to 6.499999 a particular 6 is. With the decimals the difference between each level is fairly minor, so you have a much better idea of what a rating means (although you still have to decide how much you agree with it…).

first of all I always judge who ther player is with the low rating. If its one of my better players and hes stats in the game look ok then i decide hes doing ok. Im not saying the new ratings are awful. Im just saying I did prefer it the old way. As it averaged itself out as players getting 7.6 would get an 8 and players who had 7.4 got a 7 so it did even itself out.

And on a prev post I didnt mean in the higher leagues scoring 40 goals. In the lower leagues i meant you get players scoring 30 and up to 40 very often. One player in real life got 92!(Stewart Yetton of Truro City) I just think its a shame that the leagues I downloaded is not as real to real life thats all. And yea the amount of draws and low scoring is a shame.

Anyway my main prob wiht the game above all of this is the 3D engine. I just fine it unrealistic and silly at times. just doesnt look like a football match. Even with the 2D option it doesnt look the same as it did before. When they pass the ball it looks silly. for me still the best version is fm 06 which I will be going back to again after giving fm10 another go recently :(

I noticed the word unplayable was mentioned. How exactly does a lack of goals/a large number of draws or whatever make a game unplayable? That's a bizarre thing to say. So a player doesn't score 30 goals in a league season to win the golden boot in your game, I don't see the issue there. So there might be alot of low scoring games in your game, I don't see the issue there either (every persons game is different). So there might be alot of draws in your game, I don't see the issue there. It's never going to be totally realistic, how can it be. Remember that lower down the leagues, even though the defences may not be as good (so you'd think more goals scored), the strikers aren't going to be as good either (so less goals scored). Your game will be different to mine, and everyone elses, not everyone has the same issues with this. In my game (currently in the 2018/19 season if I remember rightly), there's been numerous high scoring games, whether they involve me or other teams. You also have to remember that players may win the golden boot with say only 15 goals because they along with other scorers may not have played as many games as they might usually do, due to injury, suspension, rotation etc. There's some seasons where there's lots of draws in my game for certain teams or in certain leagues, but that's generally been in a season where it's been quite tight, and shows that anyone can beat anyone else, but at the same time, that teams are hard to beat. I don't think there's a problem personally, and as I say, every players game is different.

And on a prev post I didnt mean in the higher leagues scoring 40 goals. In the lower leagues i meant you get players scoring 30 and up to 40 very often. One player in real life got 92!(Stewart Yetton of Truro City) I just think its a shame that the leagues I downloaded is not as real to real life thats all. And yea the amount of draws and low scoring is a shame.

From what I can see, he got 52 league goals, and that was in the 10th level. While it'd obviously be nice to have a totally realistic world, asking for that level to be replicated in the same engine as the world's top players seems like quite a challenge, especially when that's 4 levels below the standard database.

I'm not sure what you meant with "As it averaged itself out as players getting 7.6 would get an 8 and players who had 7.4 got a 7 so it did even itself out. "

That's not averaging itself out. That's making it look like the first player was better than the second by far more than he was. If you mean that the average rating is 7.5 in each case, then that's true but I don't understand the relevance of that to anything (and it's only true in a small subset of decimal rating combinations - if someone gets 7.4 and the other 8.4, for example, the players, between each other, have done significantly better, but you'd still see the same numbers if restricted to integer scores, and it'd give an average across the two of 7.5 when it's really 7.9).

From what I can see, he got 52 league goals, and that was in the 10th level. While it'd obviously be nice to have a totally realistic world, asking for that level to be replicated in the same engine as the world's top players seems like quite a challenge, especially when that's 4 levels below the standard database.

I'm not sure what you meant with "As it averaged itself out as players getting 7.6 would get an 8 and players who had 7.4 got a 7 so it did even itself out. "

That's not averaging itself out. That's making it look like the first player was better than the second by far more than he was. If you mean that the average rating is 7.5 in each case, then that's true but I don't understand the relevance of that to anything (and it's only true in a small subset of decimal rating combinations - if someone gets 7.4 and the other 8.4, for example, the players, between each other, have done significantly better, but you'd still see the same numbers if restricted to integer scores, and it'd give an average across the two of 7.5 when it's really 7.9).

Apologies it was 72 goals. that 52 on the fm 2010 history was just league goals. Look it up on google. He scored 205 in 198 games overall and is currently being loaned out. And its quite common for players at that level getting over 30 goals. Rory Patterson for instance scoring over 40 nearly every season for fc utd.My point being these players exist on fm 2010 and yet thoey dont dominate like they should. I do understand however this is a game and I am running the leagues not published by the game. My main point being it was one of my most fun things bringing a player in whos dominating at the lowest level and giving them there chance at a higher level.

It would just be nice seeing 5-10 players atleast getting a goal a game now and then.

And yes if you think about it the prev system mostly would average itself out. Example being if a player on this version got a 7.4 and then a 8.6 hes average rating would be 8. On the old version he woud got a 7 and a 9. Still averaging a 8. On this game you get less 9's and 10's. On the old game 10 was possible which may of been a 9.5 but rounded up to 10. So I still felt it was fine. If lots of players got a 6 on the old game and you are to make a sub then you can look into the players stats during the game. You can decide from that taking into consideration whos he up against on the pitch, condition, and how he has played during the season so far. If anything making you consider more things when deciding.

And on the post on what makes the game enjoyable or playable in my eyes thats my personal view. If at levels where 20 goals in the norm for a top scorer and you are seeing 11 its hard to love the game for me as I have always loved seeing players score a realistic amount of goals. on fm 06 players in tghe generated leagues even down to level 8/9 was scoring 22/26 at times. On this which is meant to be a better game and database etc the highest ive seen is 15 at level 8/9. I did once see a 23 goals overall at level 7 though. As I say its something I have always loved on the fm 06 version. so coming to this game and it not being there is hard to swallow.

Archived