Sound in Football Manager FM2011 and future versions

hello to eveyone!

I've been playing football manager (and previous Championship manager) since the beginning and one thing i never use (and care about) was the sound.

I think that must be the feature that players care less, and maybe because of that, it's the feature that haven't been upgrade since the first version.

I was wondering if in FM 2011 would be a major improvement in the sound, or we just get the "usual" surrounding sounds...

i believe it must be very hard to implement a sound "sistem" that really gives the ideia that we are wathing a football game, without sounding boring. For once, it would be impossible to implement comentaries (FIFA or PES mode), second... anything less then that... it would turn into very repetitive games.

So, for all of you that dont use sound in FM, what would it take for that start to happen?

Thanks for any ideias, and sorry for the bad english

The sounds on FM could be superb but I still wouldn't use them. One of the things about FM that really appeals to me is that I can multi task while playing it and watch/listen to something at the same time.

Turning the sounds off is one of the first things I do, I don't even know what they sound like any more.

The sounds on FM could be superb but I still wouldn't use them...

Turning the sounds off is one of the first things I do.

Me too. Couldn't care less if they removed it completely or made it optional during the install process (this used to be the case iirc).

The sounds on FM could be superb but I still wouldn't use them. One of the things about FM that really appeals to me is that I can multi task while playing it and watch/listen to something at the same time.

Turning the sounds off is one of the first things I do, I don't even know what they sound like any more.

Yup, exactly the same here.

I download the FM soundpack for the game, this adds extra realism. It would be great if this pack could be updated further with more team and player chants or if SI could make the sound work better when you purchase the game as the sound without the soundpack is pretty poor imo.

I occasionally turn off the sound and listen to music, but most of the time I play with the sound on using the soundpack, it adds extra reality to the game imo

• 6 months later...

it really annoys me when i read people say, the first thing i do is turn the sound of because i dont use it and couldnt care less about it,sound plays a massive impact on football in real life, the atmosphere and spirit of the game comes from the crowd, whats the point of making a realistic manager game when people just turn thre sound of. the only thing lacking in this game is good crowd chants and the reason they dont do it is becuase idiots sy they dont want sound. well i do want sound and i want chatns and crowds cheers and everything. so next time make it

I don't really appreciate being labelled an idiot.

I'm just offering my opinion, which looks like it is a fairly popular one. It isn't as if we are trying to say that SI shouldn't bother with the sound, just that we don't use it.

it really annoys me when i read people say, the first thing i do is turn the sound of because i dont use it and couldnt care less about it,sound plays a massive impact on football in real life, the atmosphere and spirit of the game comes from the crowd, whats the point of making a realistic manager game when people just turn thre sound of. the only thing lacking in this game is good crowd chants and the reason they dont do it is becuase idiots sy they dont want sound. well i do want sound and i want chatns and crowds cheers and everything. so next time make it

The first thing i do is turn the sound off btw.

i wasnt trying to be offensive, im just annoyed that they make so much effort to make this game a simulation yet they leave out one of the most important aspects of football which is the game atmosphere. i have played fm since champy 94 like many fans on here and love he games, just hope next year sound is something they improve on.

Archived