Different Environments behind stadiums in different countries.

Does anyone think that different areas would have different backgounds i.e houses. For example i am more likely to something different outside in a small stadium in brazil, ghana or even china then in england. If anyone gets my point.

Because it won't really be realistic if i see the same outside environment in england and the same in brazil.

Does anyone think that different areas would have different backgounds i.e houses. For example i am more likely to something different outside in a small stadium in brazil, ghana or even china then in england. If anyone gets my point.

Because it won't really be realistic if i see the same outside environment in england and the same in brazil.

AFAIK FM11 does have atleast 3 diff backgrounds.

'One of the most obvious of these - if you aren’t managing a huge club with a big stadium - is the new background scenes. There are three different types of background, field, street and industrial. No longer does it look like matches are being played in space!

The game selects an appropriate outside scene to use for a club by determining the population of the area. For example, if the club is based in a densely populated city then it's likely to show an outside scene that looks more like a town, with estates. If it's sparsely populated then you're more likely to see an outside scene with fields and trees.' - Miles Jacobson in his blog.

Why are you stating miles post

we all know about that, but what we are trying to say is there are going to be different backgrounds in each different country

Judging by OP I doubt he knew what Miles said in his blog.

yeh but in africa say, none of the 3 backgrounds may suit

That may be so, but if they've only got 3 options then that is all there is, start as many threads as you like, it ain't going to change now.

Which is why I say speculation is unnecessary. Don't blame me, its not my fault, I'm just pointing out the futility of this thread.

Fabio quoted Miles post because it quite concisely answers the OP and negates the need for any speculation. There will be 3 different types of background. Simples.

This TBH. Any speculations are pointless now, when this is the 'model' that's going to be used in game.

Although the OP has technically been answered, I still think it raises a very valid point.

Not arguing that point Neji, just saying. Its probably a thread that needs to come after the demo, when we know how its been implemented. Or it needs to be a wishlist item.

It does, though they just implemented this new thing in FM11, let's wait FM12 for them to upgrade it.

I'd prefer them to do it a patch if there is only three, that probably isn't going to happen though. Three backgrounds is a really really low amount.

I'd prefer them to do it a patch if there is only three, that probably isn't going to happen though. Three backgrounds is a really really low amount.

As you said I highly doubt that will happen in patch. Anyway, you won't see it with the most stadiums anyway I think.

This is the first year of backgrounds in the FM 3D engine. I would imagine the range of backgrounds will be expanded on in future additions to meet these concerns. This is just the initial implementation of this feature, which I'd imagine took a massive amount of work to just get one background done.

Most people that play FM do so with UK teams, so it makes sense that initial backgrounds for FM are for those areas. Other architecture/landscapes for other world regions can come in FM12, FM13, FM14 etc.

You just need to compare FM09 with the FM11 videos and screenshots to see the leap forward in the space of just two years development time. Step by step things like this will be improved and expanded on, don't worry...

I would imagine the range of backgrounds will be expanded on in future additions to meet these concerns.

I think that's pretty obvious that it will be expanded upon but still, three backgrounds!? While it probably did take a fair bit of work to get the first one in, I can't imagine it would take all that much more work to make more than three.

And no, I guess it doesn't really matter as it is only really cosmetic but if you follow that route, why put any in at all?

And no, I guess it doesn't really matter as it is only really cosmetic but if you follow that route, why put any in at all?

Exactly... if a 'feature ' isn't going to be developed well, it should at least be moddable so that the community can improve on it. People could then download stadium backgrounds that are relevant to the leagues they play in.

To be honest it would be preety stupid though if im playing a game in africa or south america and i see the same background like this........http://static.sega-europe.com/newsletters/fml/blogimages/scene1.png

I must have been to africa times and i know the streets dont look like that.

Why would it be stupid?

Thats how it looks around the football ground in my hometown (in africa) :rolleyes:

I think it's a very valid point raised but maybe we're asking SI to run before they've even begun to walk. Field, industrial and housing is a good start considering that it was blank space last year, likewise how we only have a limited number of stadium designs too. I'm sure all of this will change in the coming years and we can't realistically expect SI to go from a few designs in one game to being able to model the variations in landscape and stadium design from across the globe in the next one.

I would imagine that the backgrounds would be softcoded - files could give directions as to what background to use in whatever situation - so perhaps people could make several other backgrounds maybe not just for specific town sizes, but for specific clubs? The only way to find out though is checking in the game.

You know, maybe, just maybe, SI have spent a little more time with DLR and other important features? 3 environments are better than 0.

Now would you rather have been spend their time on DLR or environments behind stadiums? :p

We only had 3D match view since FM09 everyone. In FM10 we had stadium supporters. We're heading into FM11 and we hopefully have away fans in the right spots at the stadium, player celebrations and emotion in 3D, and environments behind stadiums! I'll say development of the 3D in FM has been fantastic since it was implemented in the game.

Mon a stadium editor with the ability to create environment backgrounds soon! :D

Archived