Lets Hope The FM11 Editor Will Make It Easier To Create More Realistic Super Leagues!

i know we can already create Super and World Leagues already, but with the FM11 editor lets hope we can reproduce even more stable and realistic setups.. with better transfer systems, regen systems etc etc.... so that we can expect an even more proffessional and in depth releases from the likes of Kenco and El Ricardo.... fingers crossed!

quality and who would be in this superleague (realistically speaking) seen as clubs chop and change every year? please don't say liverpool

each to their own...last year there was a world league with over 10 divisions, so everyone was catered for, and then i just mixed and matched teams to suit my own personal preferences......Liverpool can start in the Super League conference if you want....which is probably apt

There's no such thing as a realistic superleague

example > if there was, or, if there was a possibility of a super league (hypothehetical).... it would be 'realistic' if the elements of the said hypothetical structure acted as one would percieve them to act in the hypothetical situation

i.e > Barcelona would buy world class players with world class reputations as they do in real life, and not the best asian players if the Super League was based in singapore...... hence wanting a more realistic setup... this is a very basic example for you.. but there are many more complex issues i'd like addressing... but i wouldn't even contemplate burdening you with them.......

I attempted to create my own superleagues but found the main issue to be setting your clubs nation to that of the superleague.

eg: Created a new league in Wallis-Fortuna. If you change the teams to be nations of Wallis-Fortuna it makes their signings and a few other things unrealistic. If you dont change their club nation to the same of the superleague then you never see the jobs being available, etc.

example > if there was, or, if there was a possibility of a super league (hypothehetical).... it would be 'realistic' if the elements of the said hypothetical structure acted as one would percieve them to act in the hypothetical situation

i.e > Barcelona would buy world class players with world class reputations as they do in real life, and not the best asian players if the Super League was based in singapore...... hence wanting a more realistic setup... this is a very basic example for you.. but there are many more complex issues i'd like addressing... but i wouldn't even contemplate burdening you with them.......

Maybe you should have specified that in the OP then :rolleyes:

Have you tried basing in the superleague in a country with higher reputation? Or in a country you made yourself?

It doesn't matter where you base the Super League, as long as you leave teams in their own nation as Hehehemann said above.

There are plenty of other issues in the FM10 editor, the main one I have found is too many successive promotions or relegations for the same team. For instance, Man Utd have just suffered 4 straight relegations, whilst Blackburn manged 6 promotions in 8 years to move to the top division. It seems that a team drops out of the top flight but their reputation drops too much to attract new players to get them back up. If it were 'realistic', and Man Utd had just dropped out of the top division of a World League, then surely they would be among the favourites to bounce straight back up.

Basically i want the editor to be able to recognise that i am creating a world league, where i dont have to worry about any continental competitions, i dont have to base it in wallis and fortuna,and have to rename it FIFA and then have regens with a FIFA nationality... when my hangover wears off and i can think straight ill post some more niggles about creating a World League, that although some might say they are minor, it detracts from it feeling like a natural and authentic setup....... *disclaimer*although in real life i know it isn't........

feel free to bump me along by pointing out some of the issues...........................

Basically i want the editor to be able to recognise that i am creating a world league, where i dont have to worry about any continental competitions, i dont have to base it in wallis and fortuna,and have to rename it FIFA and then have regens with a FIFA nationality... when my hangover wears off and i can think straight ill post some more niggles about creating a World League, that although some might say they are minor, it detracts from it feeling like a natural and authentic setup....... *disclaimer*although in real life i know it isn't........

feel free to bump me along by pointing out some of the issues...........................

But this is not what the main intention of the editor is.

Regens come from the nation where the team's stadium is in.

The main problem is that you have to change the nationality of the teams to get them to participate in reserve league.

As I mentioned earlier (and other people have), regens come from the city the stadium is based in, so even if Chelsea are playing in a league based in Wallis and Futuna, their regens will be English and the club can still be English.

You have to set the league to a nation because that's how the game works. Maybe in the future SI will create something in the future that makes the game understand it's a Super League, but I doubt they will until something like this happens in the real world, because they are trying to replicate that as much as possible. At least the FM10 editor allowed us more freedom than ever before (I've been making World Leagues since 01/02, and they have been rubbish because of the limitations), and hopefully FM11 will allow a little more flexibility.

Continental comps are not an issue because you set the league in W & F. They do not compete in continental comps so you don't have to have them running.

The main problem is that you have to change the nationality of the teams to get them to participate in reserve league.

That is unless you set the reserve league to another seperate nation, and they can have their own competitions and rules.

That is unless you set the reserve league to another seperate nation, and they can have their own competitions and rules.

Yeah. I have tried this.

One downside to this is that it doubles the number of leagues loaded which slows the game.

Yeah. I have tried this.

One downside to this is that it doubles the number of leagues loaded which slows the game.

True, but it won't increase the number of players since they are already loaded through the first team. Or should be at least.

As I mentioned earlier (and other people have), regens come from the city the stadium is based in, so even if Chelsea are playing in a league based in Wallis and Futuna, their regens will be English and the club can still be English.

You have to set the league to a nation because that's how the game works. Maybe in the future SI will create something in the future that makes the game understand it's a Super League, but I doubt they will until something like this happens in the real world, because they are trying to replicate that as much as possible. At least the FM10 editor allowed us more freedom than ever before (I've been making World Leagues since 01/02, and they have been rubbish because of the limitations), and hopefully FM11 will allow a little more flexibility.

Continental comps are not an issue because you set the league in W & F. They do not compete in continental comps so you don't have to have them running.

yes the regens are factored on where the stadium is based, but they get a dual nationality of the country where the league is based and then because the rep is so high they invariably end up playing for them... i.e a regen messi would be Argentinian with a second nationality as wallis and fortuna and then he would choose to play for them..........

yes the regens are factored on where the stadium is based, but they get a dual nationality of the country where the league is based and then because the rep is so high they invariably end up playing for them... i.e a regen messi would be Argentinian with a second nationality as wallis and fortuna and then he would choose to play for them..........

No they don't get a dual nationality. I've played many seasons on World Leagues and this never happens.

No they don't get a dual nationality. I've played many seasons on World Leagues and this never happens.

I think he is talking about gaining a second nationality. IIRC this can be disabled for a country.

Well this hasn't happened either, I think keeping clubs as their original nationality solves this problem.

fair enough...i didn't keep the clubs as their original nationality....but that was due to my opinion being that in doing that it caused a host of other unrealistic elements ....iirc i think it was fixtures not being displayed correctly and the job security screen not functioning....amoung others....

this is what im saying though, FM must realise that there is a market for creating these types of fictional leagues and that there is a fair amount of demand for them (being on this site and reading copius threads, including yours dedicated to them has prooved that) so i was just hoping that in FM11 they might have improved these aspects..... im not going to moan if they haven't because afterall its not the main object of the game...was just hoping..................

fair enough...i didn't keep the clubs as their original nationality....but that was due to my opinion being that in doing that it caused a host of other unrealistic elements ....iirc i think it was fixtures not being displayed correctly and the job security screen not functioning....amoung others....

this is what im saying though, FM must realise that there is a market for creating these types of fictional leagues and that there is a fair amount of demand for them (being on this site and reading copius threads, including yours dedicated to them has prooved that) so i was just hoping that in FM11 they might have improved these aspects..... im not going to moan if they haven't because afterall its not the main object of the game...was just hoping..................

I agree with that, there is a market for these type of leagues and the game still has too many things hard-coded to prevent them working exactly as we would like to.

To be honest, I am not expecting vast changes to the editor this year. Last year was quite a big step from the year before, so this year will just be a bit of polish whilst concentrating on other things.

Archived