What Have I Done?

My girlfriend liked to play LMA Manager on the xbox 360 but there is no new one out this year so I taught her how to play FM08. This was to keep her occupied while I watched the UEFA cup games last week. Now she keeps asking me if theres any football on telly so she can play FM. Makes a change from her playing the Sims 2 I suppose. What if she gets better than me though?

Pointless thread I know but I am a bit bored anyone else taught there girlfriend to play FM? Better still anyone taught them and then regretted it?

My girlfriend liked to play LMA Manager on the xbox 360 but there is no new one out this year so I taught her how to play FM08. This was to keep her occupied while I watched the UEFA cup games last week. Now she keeps asking me if theres any football on telly so she can play FM. Makes a change from her playing the Sims 2 I suppose. What if she gets better than me though?

Pointless thread I know but I am a bit bored anyone else taught there girlfriend to play FM? Better still anyone taught them and then regretted it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Buy a cheap laptop, then you can host network games against her and teach her a lesson or two </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought about this but the taunting I would get if she beat me would be continuous for years lol. She plays as Arsenal for now until she gets the hang of it properly then I will play against her once she isnt as good of a team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

It's called karma for:

1) Having a girlfriend.

2) Having a girlfriend who likes football.

3) Having a girlfriend who likes games.

4) Having a girlfriend who likes football games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A rare blessing, indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

I've just split from my Missus today.

Now I can sit all night playing FM without her sneering at me..

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see you taking it so well. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

I've just split from my Missus today.

Now I can sit all night playing FM without her sneering at me..

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely, you can't be serious?

If so, I'm speechless.

My missus just thinks I'm playing 'that dot game'. She's good hearted about it all though, as long as I let her play Okami on my PS3 whilst I play FM. None of my close friends like football so its generally an event I watch/play by myself icon_frown.gif

My ex-girlfriend used to refer to herself as a 'Football Manager widow'. And she never got the dots. Thought the whole thing was silly.

But I didn't like her anyway, so I'm very much better off out of it.

lol this is a quality thread! my gf sits watching films while i play fm, but shes like most girls and they just dont get it, when i smile or wave my fist because my team has scored a vital goal, she just laughs and says "Its just a game!"

WOMEN HEY!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

It's called karma for:

1) Having a girlfriend.

ill take her off your hands!

There are days when I come home from work growling and snarling, smoke wafting out of my ears (because corporate life is such an unremitting joy!) and my wife will take one look at me and say, "You need to FM tonight."

I guess that's the kind of understanding you evolve after nearly 32 years. icon_cool.gif

I taught my missus to play, now she loves it although she plays psp version more than pc. I don't think she'll get better than me, and I think she'd admit that.

I love the fact she understands my addiction!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

How do you like the PSP version, btw? I'm thinking of getting it for when I travel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the first FM PSP version, not bought another since. It was alright, it passed the time when I was on holiday, and I used to play it at college.

It was enjoyable although every season, without a shadow of a doubt, I'd lose form for about 8 games. That got quite frustrating. I think I bought Alexandre Pato and played through until he was about 34 on my game, then I went back to the PC version, which is waaaaaay better =]

i only really play fm at my house alone, but i have some awesome news, the gf is ordering a laptop and i've made sure its perfect for fm so i will now be able to say "why don't you watch dawsons creek/neighbours/one tree hill/eastenders/my super sweet 16/shameless/desperate housewives/the oc..etc, etc"

with all the tv to be watched ill be able to get in some proper quality time with fm and all i'll have to do is smile at her and give her a kiss everytime i win, she'll think shes in heaven!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I wish I had a girlfriend icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in that case switch sides icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

It's called karma for:

1) Having a girlfriend.

A rare blessing, indeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah very lol

How do you like the PSP version, btw? I'm thinking of getting it for when I travel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never play it personally. My wife says she really likes it for when she's travelling, but prefers pc version as alot of the finer points of the game are missing from psp. Although I guess that's understandable.

Archived