bizarre relegation

just taking over at lyn oslo as I saw they were going to go down so wanted a challenge to take them back up. I get a message through saying of my players is runner up as top goalscorer for lyn 2 so click on their league table and they are 2nd but with 'R' next to them showing they are relegated!!! Is this because the 1st team are relegated? Would post a screenshot put can't remember how to!

thankyou. do the second divisions all mean one thing as they are labelled group 1, 2, 3 and 4 or do the teams get promoted from 4 to 3 etc. as lyn 2 were in division 3 so if they get relegated do they go to group 4 or out of the league system? If they go out of the league system is it easy for them to come back in if I get promoted?

Norway has Tippeligaen -> Adeccoligaen -> 2. Divisjon (4 Leagues) -> 3. Divisjon (24 Leagues) and so on but it gets very amateur after. So they would now be in the 3rd division, if you get promoted they might come back up to the second division but maybe not right away.

As for real life, enjoy playing with FK Lyn Oslo in FM10 they don't exist anymore, bankrupt. (Except for an amateur unrelated to the former professional side Lyn Football team that is the 6th division)

thanks quackje, i didn't realise they had gone bankrupt, werent they a force in norwegian football a few years ago? just wondering for future reference how do i take a screenshot agen? also, how does the2. divisions work, are they regional or just random?

Norway has Tippeligaen -> Adeccoligaen -> 2. Divisjon (4 Leagues) -> 3. Divisjon (24 Leagues) and so on but it gets very amateur after. So they would now be in the 3rd division, if you get promoted they might come back up to the second division but maybe not right away.

As for real life, enjoy playing with FK Lyn Oslo in FM10 they don't exist anymore, bankrupt. (Except for an amateur unrelated to the former professional side Lyn Football team that is the 6th division)

FC Lyn Oslo is the team that doesn't exist anymore, which was the elite branch of the mother club called FK Lyn, who just recently won promotion to the 5th division, where the will face the challenge of meeting yours truly, if I'm lucky... This could be my only chance of hammering a former Premier League player(Jo Tessem)!!

Oh, and to the OP; do keep in mind that FC Liiiiiin is satan incarnate, and that everyone is happy at their bankruptcy. The club had zero fans anyway, nobody will miss the bastards.

similar thing happened to me managing Real Madrid when my reserves won the Spanish second division but were not promoted. They won because I had such a big strong squad that I made all my non-playing squad members available for reserves every week and took charge of reserve games just to see what would happen if they won the league

Someone explained the Norwegian Second Division to me a while back. I believe they said that Group 2 is the SW (Bergen) and Group 3 is the West/Central (Trondheim). Where it gets complicated is that Group 4 is the north, but there are rarely enough northern teams to fill a division so some of the teams that would be in Group 1 (Oslo) play in Group 4. It is easier to travel from Oslo to the north than it is from the more cut off west.

The Norwegian Second is my favourite league in FM, and is where I have spent much of my playtime the last few years. I once got Skarp promoted to the Adeccoligaen after finishing only third in the division. The two teams above me were reserves and couldn't be promoted, so I got the honour. Lyn Oslo 2 got relegated from Group 4 after finishing 4th in my latest game. The first team finished last in the Tippeligaen.

I actually watch the websites for the two teams I have played most in FM, Skarp and KFUM Oslo, and I have noticed that the 3rd Division appears to be of a wide gulf in quality. Skarp got relegated in reality a few seasons ago and now regularly thrash teams 9-0, 10-0 and even 17-0 (I think it was) on one occaison. In the Second Division they had struggled, so the drop in quality must be huge.

It's a fun league and everyone should try it. Some of the stadiums in the real world are amazing, KFUM play on a synthetic pitch with wooden stands and many others have mountain backdrops and seating on tree covered slopes. One of the teams played in a big indoor hall covered by what looked like a balloon. Yes, I've been watching the highlights at KFUM's site.

That would be Alta IF playing indoors, they got promoted actually and theres plans to build a new stadium. Its amazing really they have far far less money than the other sides, Finnmarkshallen barely holds more than a few hundred spectators.

I can attest to the fact that it is freakin cold up there though which is why they're indoors and Tromsø's Alfheim stadium has a fake pitch.

Archived