PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a League Two club...

oxygen_pro
08-01-2008, 05:57
Please could someone recommend me a League 2 club to be who has the most money? best players?

oxygen_pro
08-01-2008, 05:57
Please could someone recommend me a League 2 club to be who has the most money? best players?

SWaRFeGa
08-01-2008, 05:59
Just look on the selection screen. It tells you about the finances of each club, and you can view the players.

superwalli
08-01-2008, 06:00
Next to that, it's a question to ask in the Good Players and Team Guide-forum.

Scotty Walds
08-01-2008, 06:01
Peterborough or MK Dons

The Lambs
08-01-2008, 06:10
MK Dons are a very good side.

Just got them promoted to the Premier league after straight league titles in the previous 3 years. None of the origional players are left playing for me.

Left them with 5 matches to go as Aston Villa offered me a job and MK Dons budget can't match theirs.

markcator3006
08-01-2008, 06:12
Darlington. Not sure about money but they have a few decent players and a 25000 seater stadium aswell

Gundo
08-01-2008, 06:33
Rochdale or Stockport. Neither are mega rich, I've just found them really fun to manage in the past.

GrahamPoll\'sPants
08-01-2008, 06:34
MK Dons and Peterborough will have the most money. Go with Chesterfield, though. Spirites!

paduardo
08-01-2008, 06:41
Bradford have a few decent players but expectations are high

robertodibaggio
08-01-2008, 06:43
Bradford are good. With their strike force you should get promotion.

Ched
08-01-2008, 06:43
accrington stanley.

dabest
08-01-2008, 08:24
the 3 best teams to manage in league 2 are MK Dons, Bradford and Peterbourgh..

vindapop
08-01-2008, 08:45
Bradford for definate, good players, and a challenge with the expectations, but i managed to get them promoted in my first season, with a fair few games to spare...

robertodibaggio
08-01-2008, 09:15
Plus Bradford will have the highest average crowd. Back to back promotions and I play my first Championship game this evening. I'm not confident though!!

Ridleys
08-01-2008, 09:30
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:
Darlington. Not sure about money but they have a few decent players and a 25000 seater stadium aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!!

markcator3006
08-01-2008, 09:47
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:
Darlington. Not sure about money but they have a few decent players and a 25000 seater stadium aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration.

Ridleys
08-01-2008, 09:58
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

silly stadium size really. Only about 100,000 people live in darlington.. and they go and buy a stadium that will get up to quarter of the city to watch them play. There average attendance is not even 5000!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still cant sign decent players... you bought rob purdie from us (hereford). and then we go beat you 5 - 1 :P

Howie
08-01-2008, 10:14
I'm currently Chester in 3rd season and 4th in the league. I've finished 14th and 13th and got to the 3rd round of the cup 2 seasons running losing to Newcastle and Man City each time.

I've bought some half-decent players from Eastern Europe but my chairman likes to sell them when we get a bid over 250k. I'm also putting together a fine collection of Scottish youth players.

One annoying aspect of managing Chester is that every year I stack up a wedge of cash to spend and then my board offers me 0k transfer kitty each time. In the end I delayed 3 sales this season over the start of the new season so that I got the cash after the negotiation. Hence my uplift in league position!

Bongo-Bongo
08-01-2008, 10:38
I'd recommend MK Dons. I'm plying as them now and I'm loving it. The squad is easily good enough to get you promoted in the first season, but I got rid of the vast majority of my first team players after promotion because they aren't good enough. Sadly, as I offered my players a high league bonus, I buggered up my finances so I ended up with no money to spend so my first season in League One, so it has been a struggle.

aaberdeenn
08-01-2008, 10:47
Peterborough United.

JR866Gunner
09-01-2008, 04:55
i like to get the former league 1 or 2 teams out of the conference whether its north,south or prem and get them back where they should be! good fun and a challenge but if your def wanting to go league 2 maybe mansfield or mk dons. both ok

Papasmurf
09-01-2008, 04:58

Our chairman at the time was trying to get us Premiership football within a number of years IIRC, he couldnt provide money for decent players for it to happen. Then at the end of the year we were in administration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember him parading Asprilla round the pitch.