Upgraded Laptop

Hi guys . i have recently found my laptop (inspiron 1501 . 1.8 ghz proccesor and 1024MB RAM , 120 GB hard drive) quite slow , therefore i have decided to look for a new one . The inspiron 1525 .

Dell Inspiron 1525

Intel core 2 Duo processor T8300

(2.40GHZ)

Windows Vista

4096MB of RAM

320GB hard drive (5,400 rpm)

Integrated intel graphic media accelerator x3100

8x DVD RW drive

As you can see , there is a huge inprovement on the RAM and hard drive .

My question is , will this have a major effect on increasing the amount of leagues i can play on FM , also has anybody had any experience with a inspiron 1525 , and if possible , share their views .

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Yup the Core Duo processor and increased RAM (size and speed no doubt) will help a lot.

One thing I would say is that if I bought that laptop, the first thing I'd do is swap out the hard drive for a 7200rpm one - it's a commonly overlooked factor but FM is heavy on disk I/O and a slow HD will affect performance.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

If you're thinking about a 1525, consider if you can get a good deal on an XPS as well, sometimes you can get equivalent specs for pretty much the same price.

Ye i agree. I looked at the 1525, but then found that the XPS systems are roughly the same price but with a much better graphics card(even though this has little or no bearing on how well FM runs). I know have a XPS M1530 with T8300, 3gb RAM, and 250gb hard drive

You can get a 7,200 for any computer/laptop. I have one in mine.

I run an Acer with these spec's:

2gig Ram

1.73 Dual Core

120 gig (size doesn't matter here) 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Everything else doesn't matter... the RPM's here barely matter. I can run excess of 5-10 leagues with a large database quickly and easily.

Archived