few things about fm10

I had the chance to play 7 straight seasons in fm10 recently and here are some things i noticed, i have no intention to flame .

-A.I. is absolutely clueless when it comes to foreign player limitations , i started an "academies game" where no natives were not allowed , AI keeps on trying to buy foreigners and have a big spam of canceled transfers in news. Things are even worst when unlimited foreigners are allowed but only few can be in the starting 11 (this was an issue in 07 too with the Romanian league), they buy +20 foreigners and end up playing with grays and 16 year olds ; i set the limit to 1 player and start winning championships non stop .

-In relation to the former it is very easy to sign 16 year olds , you just have to offer bigger than the asking wage and they left their club like it is the worst place on earth; i do use the trainer but even for gamers who play without it is very easy to just browse youth teams and try to sign, the real talented guys stand out by their stats and wage asked.

-Having gone the straight +100 wins AI coaches are still teaming against me , they are consistently play same tactics trying to find a winning one , i played like 15 straight games against 4-2-3-1 before AI switched to 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 and then some other tactic , if nothing works they are re-rolling the old ones , speaking about a hive mind... After checked their previous games i saw that they are only changing tactics for me, well i am honored

-The odd goalkeeper substitution even before half time when their starting guy is playing well and the score is at 0-0 is still a mystery to me

-Massive loss of ability for my players at strange ages , my 28 year old wing back lost 4pts while playing on rotation (25 games/season) with training at general and full star coaches , also my 22 year old AM had a dramatic loss of stats without any change on his ability over a period of 18 months and no i have not edit anything on him.

-Players have no idea what a B team is, mine is in 2nd division , second division has a reputation of 19 and the 154/155 guy just played 30 games as a starter plus 5 more in the 20 reputation cup, how this is luck of soccer?

-Warning anyone for playing 5.8 against a lame team makes him go apeshit and call unfair treatment , i find this one funny and cannot wait for my players to do this lol

-My team is reputation 9900 and minimum expectations are to reach champions league final, never mind that we play against other clubs equally reputed , the fun stuff is that fans are expecting a loss when we are playing away against other strong clubs.

-Chairman decided to built us a new stadium , 4 years after the game crashed twice , i went on vacations, the game proceeded and stadium's name was lost , got to place "this is the nameless" label outside it lol

-"Disappointing" even when winning to each one (not team) playing <7 greatly improves 2nd half performance

-Lots of odd bookings, even with tackling on normal and dirtiness edited at 1 players will still get booked at 88' when we are winning 5-0

-My assman is an idiot, he ask me to tell a player to stay in the left while running and after he gets the "runs with the ball down left" he tells me that the player shall not run with the ball down left, also if you dismiss his advice he is going to repeat it every single time for years to come

-This is a cheesy one , switching positions of players covering DMC/AMC in the field greatly confuses AI , i guess they could tell their defenders to cover whoever comes in AM position but they don't

-Assman stupidity vol 2 , he claims that one of my regens is "best of his generation" yet his PA is like 155, checking around reveals that there are like 30 guys better than him . This one improved my self esteem , i am the 27122956th best of my generation! yes my assman has judging potential 20

-AI managers are very loud on the media , they say that i can not win the championship and later in the game they are playing with all their 11 players inside their own box , the future belongs to the brave!

-I still have not found how i can see continental appearances and stats in my player's history screen

-AI clubs will never cover their entire stadium with sits even when expanding so a 7.000/5.000 stadium will expand to 10.000/8.000

-If you are using an amateur club as a B team their coach will put all your players playing there on the transfer list to save money!

edit another one i just remember

-Backup = transfer listed , AI will keep on biding for him even when you are on reject all offers and not for sale

may add others later

-A.I. is absolutely clueless when it comes to foreign player limitations , i started an "academies game" where no natives were not allowed , AI keeps on trying to buy foreigners and have a big spam of canceled transfers in news. Things are even worst when unlimited foreigners are allowed but only few can be in the starting 11 (this was an issue in 07 too with the Romanian league), they buy +20 foreigners and end up playing with grays and 16 year olds ; i set the limit to 1 player and start winning championships non stop .

Agree. AI always make stupid transfers.

-In relation to the former it is very easy to sign 16 year olds , you just have to offer bigger than the asking wage and they left their club like it is the worst place on earth; i do use the trainer but even for gamers who play without it is very easy to just browse youth teams and try to sign, the real talented guys stand out by their stats and wage asked.

You are a good team and you are giving them huge wages. But yes players should be a little more reluctant to leave their home country

-Having gone the straight +100 wins AI coaches are still teaming against me , they are consistently play same tactics trying to find a winning one , i played like 15 straight games against 4-2-3-1 before AI switched to 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 and then some other tactic , if nothing works they are re-rolling the old ones , speaking about a hive mind... After checked their previous games i saw that they are only changing tactics for me, well i am honored

AI only has a few options. It cannot cook up new tactics like you and me can.

-The odd goalkeeper substitution even before half time when their starting guy is playing well and the score is at 0-0 is still a mystery to me

Never seen this.

-Massive loss of ability for my players at strange ages , my 28 year old wing back lost 4pts while playing on rotation (25 games/season) with training at general and full star coaches , also my 22 year old AM had a dramatic loss of stats without any change on his ability over a period of 18 months and no i have not edit anything on him.

Injuries maybe??

-Players have no idea what a B team is, mine is in 2nd division , second division has a reputation of 19 and the 154/155 guy just played 30 games as a starter plus 5 more in the 20 reputation cup, how this is luck of soccer?

???

-Warning anyone for playing 5.8 against a lame team makes him go apeshit and call unfair treatment , i find this one funny and cannot wait for my players to do this lol

A warning is too harsh for 5.8, I never warn players unless they get a red in a huge match or perform poorly for more then 5-10 games

-My team is reputation 9900 and minimum expectations are to reach champions league final, never mind that we play against other clubs equally reputed , the fun stuff is that fans are expecting a loss when we are playing away against other strong clubs.

Sound realistic

-Chairman decided to built us a new stadium , 4 years after the game crashed twice , i went on vacations, the game proceeded and stadium's name was lost , got to place "this is the nameless" label outside it lol

A screenshot please.

-"Disappointing" even when winning to each one (not team) playing <7 greatly improves 2nd half performance

Think about it from players point of view

-Lots of odd bookings, even with tackling on normal and dirtiness edited at 1 players will still get booked at 88' when we are winning 5-0

Even a perfect tackler can get a booking and no matter you are winning or losing :p

-My assman is an idiot, he ask me to tell a player to stay in the left while running and after he gets the "runs with the ball down left" he tells me that the player shall not run with the ball down left, also if you dismiss his advice he is going to repeat it every single time for years to come

Yeah repeatations are irritating. We should have an option of wht kind of advice we want.

And his advise is "advice". Not an order. They can make a wrong decision

-This is a cheesy one , switching positions of players covering DMC/AMC in the field greatly confuses AI , i guess they could tell their defenders to cover whoever comes in AM position but they don't

Never tried

-Assman stupidity vol 2 , he claims that one of my regens is "best of his generation" yet his PA is like 155, checking around reveals that there are like 30 guys better than him . This one improved my self esteem , i am the 27122956th best of my generation! yes my assman has judging potential 20

In real life players potential can be misjudged. You are not supposed to look at the PAs.

-AI managers are very loud on the media , they say that i can not win the championship and later in the game they are playing with all their 11 players inside their own box , the future belongs to the brave!

Mind games

-I still have not found how i can see continental appearances and stats in my player's history screen

Click on the year

-Backup = transfer listed , AI will keep on biding for him even when you are on reject all offers and not for sale

Wenger says Fabregas is not for sale. Barca is still bidding.

Ronaldo was not for sale. Still Real pushed and got him

. .

Archived