Quick question please about steam

Hi guys,

i was just wondering if you could answer the following question's if you know?

1 If i download steam onto my girlfriends MAC will i still be able to log into my steam account and play my loaded games on her computer considering i bought the PC boxed version and installed it on my steam account at home which is a PC?

2 If so will it automatically transfer all the skins logo's etc and save data files and work on the MAC from my steam account?

If anybody could let me know that would be great, my comp is sooooo slow and my girlfriends is sooooo fast its embarrasing lol i just want to steal her comp really :) ...... which what will happen if the following above let me :)

Thanks Guys

From what i believe you can play your Steam games from any computer, so that's a yes for number 1, not sure about number 2, i'd assume though that the skins logos and such are stored on your comp and not within steam.

Thats what i thought about the skins etc, if any body could definatly clarify that would be great.

Thanks taylorsmen :)

If you log into your Steam account on the MAC it should tell you whether you can play the game on the MAC or not, if FM has the Steamplay logo then it should work, however it will not transfer your save game or graphics over you'll need to do that yourself.

Cheers, does that only apply to MAC's? can you not continue your games from say PC to PC on steam accounts but different computers?

Since FM doesnt seem to have a built in/steam managed save game sharing device (Guess this is what steam cloud is?), I use the program called dropbox(http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI2MzU5NTk5), where you create an account, and install the program on your pc. Installation will create one folder on your PC, in which any file you put will be uploaded to their server, on your account. You get 2gb to start with, can be increased. Now if you have several PC's, you can simply install the program on the others as wel, and link them yo your account. This way any files you put in/update on one pc, will be automaticly update on your other pc next time you log in. I find this is an easy way to make sure you have the same save games, tactics, formations etc on any pc running FM.

Great, i may look into this thanks :)

just wondering also will the FM folders automatically transfer over once you have logged into your steam account on another PC/MAC?

Im talking about the folders in my computer, sports interactive, FM folder etc or will they have to be done manually? and if so how?

Thanks

Archived