Could the Regen Flaw in FM08 be solved by 3rd party program??

First of all what i mean the newgen flaw is the newgen players generally have poor attributes related to their positions. (eg. poor jumping for DC, poor pace/jumping for ST, poor stamina for MC, poor agility for GK etc...)

Regen Quality = attrocious <--related topic

I am thinking if a 3rd party program (similar to FMM), which could mass edit the newgen players according with their positions while they are born??

What the program do:

1. Spot on all the non-edit newgen players while you use the program.

2. Filter out players with PA 160+ [whatever you feel right]

2. Sort out these players into category of their favor positions.

3. Auto edit these players critical attributes in a random way within certain range. (eg. PA 160+ DC will have jumping 12~18 at born, PA 160+ GK will have agility 10~16 etc...)

4. CA bonus for PA 180+ players, so we could have newgen wonderkid like Messi. (eg. +30 CA or minimum CA of 100)

5. The name, club, and nationality of these players should be masked therefore you dont know who they are. (optional)

Since i am not a programmer i dont know how to make it, but i think in principle it can be done?? (FMM + FM Genie Scout ??) icon_confused.gif

I truly believe this can be an excellent 3rd party program for those enjoy long career game experience in FM. And this program can keep developing along with future release of FM as well. (I am sure many will even pay for this if there is one! icon14.gif )

How do you think?? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by brookie1402:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

With my mind... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a stomach thinker personally...

Originally posted by nogravy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brookie1402:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

With my mind... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a stomach thinker personally... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think with my Penis.

on a more serious note, though.

If anything were to be developed, it probably wont be ready before FM 09. So best wait and see how FM 09 is with it's regens.

Hopefully there have been enough threads about it that the Devs take notice and do something about it.

I think this is a good idea, Someone could create a global editor for save games that you could use whenever regens are generated(I think it is June 20th in England)

You could set it so that for example central defenders would not have high numbers for their crossing attributes.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

on a more serious note, though.

If anything were to be developed, it probably wont be ready before FM 09. So best wait and see how FM 09 is with it's regens.

Hopefully there have been enough threads about it that the Devs take notice and do something about it.

Surely it will be best if SI can solve it out in FM 09. However, my confidence in SI is fading along all those series from SI. (Have played since CM 2)

Therefore i hope there could be a stand alone program to solve the issue, "if" SI still get the newgen area wrong in FM 09.

Originally posted by DaSilva9:

I think this is a good idea, Someone could create a global editor for save games that you could use whenever regens are generated(I think it is June 20th in England)

You could set it so that for example central defenders would not have high numbers for their crossing attributes.

I remember in cm3 there is a 3rd party program which you can load the save game data and edit on it. I used it to edit some overrate or underrate players. (By the time SI have not provided official data editor yet)

A program similar to that will be the perfect solution of the newgen issue.

I'm sorry guys but has been said nothing can currently come close to being able to do it.

I mentioned a few days ago I'd have done this myself if it was in something I could edit, like a MySQL database - it isn't. Or if GenieScout allowed mass edits - it doesn't (and if it did it would mean people doing their own games by hand).

It would most likely take so long to program something like this (given how long FMM/GS take) that it'd be pointless this close to FML/FM2009. And given all that, and the fact that SI bear the responsibilty for fixing this issue, I'm damned if I'm spending countless days learning how to code something like FMM+.

I have just edited a new game with FMM and FM Genie Scout. icon_smile.gif

I have edited all U21 players with PA 145+ base on minimum attributes according with their positions. (eg. DC with jumping 10+, teamwork 8+ ; AMR with pace, acceleration, stamina 8+ ; GK with agility, jumping 10+ etc...)

Also, as some of you might know the "set piece bug". So i edit the players accordingly as well. (eg. finishing, composure 10+ = peanalty taking 14+ ; crossing 10+ = corner kick 14+ etc...)

It took me 2.5 hours to finish the editing, as i have edited all U21 players who doesnt meet the minimum desired attributes. But i think it will be much faster for the next season while i have to edited newgen players only. (p.s. i have selected the highest league from all countries.)

I think this worth the time for enjoyment of a career game tho, since all newgen players with good PA will be functioning, together with youngster who can take decent freekick, corner kick or penalty.

I have been doing something along the lines of Rickooko by just picking some random players in the editor and making their potential and ca a bit better. Cause I do it so randomly I dont really know what youth I have upgrade so then I still need to find them.

I dont like using the editor but in this case it makes the gaming experience last longer.

Originally posted by Ryknow:

I have been doing something along the lines of Rickooko by just picking some random players in the editor and making their potential and ca a bit better. Cause I do it so randomly I dont really know what youth I have upgrade so then I still need to find them.

I dont like using the editor but in this case it makes the gaming experience last longer.

Very true, while i was doing the editing i hide the name, club and nationality of the player so i dont know who they are, otherwise it will take away the fun to scouting them in game.

One could write an AutoIT script and run it overnight but the problem is getting the data. Neither FMM nor Mini-Scout have search-and-edit capabilities and Genie Scout doesn't export to the format that FMM uses, and the formats are not "massagable" (I suspect the FMM one is simply a set of pointers). If the programmers of FMM or Mini-Scout would be willing to tell the world how they narrowed down the memory locations and provide methods for accessing players in detail, then it should speed up things.

The best i can do by now is using Genie Scout to filter out the players who are required editing. Then i can save it into a shotlist file and import into FFM for editing.

It did take me a while to finish all the editing but so far in my game it looks good. I also give players with PA 190+ extra boost in CA and hopefully i can have some wonderkids like Messi in a while.

If anyone could think of some rules to give a script, then I'd be happy to cough one up in AutoIT. AutoIT is an automated script which can virtualise keystrokes - so I can tell a program to click the left-mouse button at (100, 100) and press "80".

The drawback is that you will have to likely run this script overnight as I think there will be several hundred entries to modify, depending on how far you want the script to go.

For example, I could use Genie Scout to filter out all 14-18-year-olds, save the shortlist, import to FMM and then run the script. This script will, say, increase their CA by 5% (multiply CA by 1.05 plus a random factor); make jumping slightly higher (randomly, of course), and so on.

The user will likely still have to do a lot of manual work (get the list of players, for example) but if we could cough up some rules, then that would be great.

Originally posted by Rickooko:

The best i can do by now is using Genie Scout to filter out the players who are required editing. Then i can save it into a shotlist file and import into FFM for editing.

It did take me a while to finish all the editing but so far in my game it looks good. I also give players with PA 190+ extra boost in CA and hopefully i can have some wonderkids like Messi in a while.

To be honest, your best bet is a trip into the editors forum to see if you can shake someone loose who has already done some of the coding required for something like FM Scout or Genie (Scout I suspect would be the better option, as it would be quicker to make changes like this is memory - that's why Genie is a read only tool).

Chuck your suggestion in there and see what comes of it.

x42bn6:

As i know little about programing i cant 100% get what you mean. But thanks a lot for your suggestion and i think that should be a good idea.

DaveRH:

Yea, i think i might try to link this thread at the editor forum, and discuss about the possibility in writing such program.

Archived