In order to make a decent league a good one what level of team should you go ??

What level of team should be used to make a nation a top footballing country  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What level of team should be used to make a nation a top footballing country

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

Ok, first of all I shall begin with my plans for FM11, I will begin with my favoured club, Liverpool, and get them out the current mess. After about 5/6 years when I have won the league I will save a few copies of the save. This will be my future starting point. On each save I will go a club in a not-so-good footballing nation and make it a good footballing nation. These countries will be: South Korea, Chile, Switzerland or Belgium, Mexico & South Africa - one from each continent.

Now onto my point, in order to make these countries good, what quality of team should I use ?? A - Best team in league . B - 2nd to 5th best team in the league C - Relegation scrappers or D - inbetween (mid table).

Thanks for voting and could you please leave a reson for your choice.

I'm sure it would have to be A) if you want to achieve this.

Making a poor nation in a good nation will take forever anyway. Even more so if you're not one of the top clubs.

I get what you are saying, however this would only make one good club. Belgium isnt exactly poor tho. Nor is South Korea in terms of Asia, compared to England Spain ect. its crap tho

You want there to be other teams from your league successful in the CL, so probably not the best team (hopefully they will have some success without you).

Eventually you could do things such as buying their youth team for millions to give them more money.

What you need mate is a life.

PS It has to be the richest team in the country not the highest placed. Any case, it will take 15 years and a few cheats (y'know - my hand slipped and i doscinnected the PC in the 89th minute when we were 2-1 down. Fortunately I saved the game just before that match began).

In theory the worse the club you choose is the better, since you'll need any help you can get from the other clubs in your league and picking a bad team means that you preserved all the clubs that could make a contribution to the league reputation. Short term this will be the top 5 of a country, but long term also brings in all other teams with decent funds/youth. Best of all is taking a club from a league lower. However for time purposes it's best you just take a mid table club and lead it to league and international glory. 2-3 seasons should be enough to be a serious title contender with the right tactics and transfers without any need for cheating. Add another 5 years to get to a decent international level and then another 5 for your decent international results to start influencing the league reputation. In all you're looking at 5 saves each 10-15 seasons long, maybe longer (we don't know how fast the league reputation will change, but as it's only meant for long term games, it will be slow). Good luck with that

What you need mate is a life.

PS It has to be the richest team in the country not the highest placed. Any case, it will take 15 years and a few cheats (y'know - my hand slipped and i doscinnected the PC in the 89th minute when we were 2-1 down. Fortunately I saved the game just before that match began).

What you need mate, is a dictionary ;)

Im sure everyone has cheated before. And yes I do have the time to play a 15-year game.

In theory the worse the club you choose is the better, since you'll need any help you can get from the other clubs in your league and picking a bad team means that you preserved all the clubs that could make a contribution to the league reputation. Short term this will be the top 5 of a country, but long term also brings in all other teams with decent funds/youth. Best of all is taking a club from a league lower. However for time purposes it's best you just take a mid table club and lead it to league and international glory. 2-3 seasons should be enough to be a serious title contender with the right tactics and transfers without any need for cheating. Add another 5 years to get to a decent international level and then another 5 for your decent international results to start influencing the league reputation. In all you're looking at 5 saves each 10-15 seasons long, maybe longer (we don't know how fast the league reputation will change, but as it's only meant for long term games, it will be slow). Good luck with that

I suppose I would be best just to choose 1 league then. Ill go with Belguim since they have a decent international side and a few good youngsters. Also I am much more familiar with european teams

id go B just to give you a starting point with your players but also the need to improve them to make them the best team in the country, then to expand again, this is my plan to take over a "europa league" type team to try and make them the best in the world, after my save with Tottenham to start obviously!

I'm going to play with Partizani Tirana, who are in the 2nd tier of Albanian football. It will be a huge challenge to make Albanian football one of the best in Europe, not in the same levels as EPL or Serie A, but a little lower. The squad and the finances are terrible, but I'm willing to take the challenge to make them the best in Europe, without cheating obviously. The dynamic prize money also helps a lot.

Edit: Voted for C, as there is no option for lower league teams.

There is a guy in the Neoseeker forums who has made up loads of leagues from obscure countries; Qatar, Kazakhstan, Faroe Island.... that kinda thing. Might be worth a look if you're looking for a real DLR challenge

Thanks mate, ill check it out.

EDIT: Sorry to bother you but is there any chance u could post a link, you know what your looking for. thanks

id go B just to give you a starting point with your players but also the need to improve them to make them the best team in the country, then to expand again, this is my plan to take over a "europa league" type team to try and make them the best in the world, after my save with Tottenham to start obviously!

I'm not sure what team I am going to go yet but 2nd-5th top in Belgium.

I'm sure it would have to be A) if you want to achieve this.

I don't think so. IMO you'd just leave the other teams in your wake and nothing much would change. Making a smaller club one of the best in the country leaves the other big clubs to add to the whole. For example, if you have 4 Euro slots but only 2 big teams of which you are one - the other 2 are just going to get pumped; and seeing as the co-efficient is divided by number of teams competing the value is just getting diluted. I'd rather pick a smaller team, make them good, and that'd add something to the whole.

You want there to be other teams from your league successful in the CL, so probably not the best team (hopefully they will have some success without you).

This.

It depends on what your main objective is.

If it's about making the league bigger, you will only be able to achieve that by having as much success in Europe as possible and then maybe even going on spending for domestic players mainly to spread the wealth over the league. You won't achieve that while not being one of the domestic top teams obviously as otherwise your squad won't be good enough or you won't even be in Europe in the first place.

Thus if you want to trigger the DLR as quickly as possible, you have to be at the top asap, so why not enter there right away?

If however you also enjoy the challenge of making a club a top club first while then moving on to try and make a progress for the whole league, then you should consider entering on a level below the very top. A good compromise might be a club with comparable big potential that has not had too much recent success.

I'm going to play with Partizani Tirana, who are in the 2nd tier of Albanian football. It will be a huge challenge to make Albanian football one of the best in Europe, not in the same levels as EPL or Serie A, but a little lower. The squad and the finances are terrible, but I'm willing to take the challenge to make them the best in Europe, without cheating obviously. The dynamic prize money also helps a lot.

Edit: Voted for C, as there is no option for lower league teams.

Ditto. Slavia Mozyr for me. May as well start as close to the bottom as possible so as to properly test this thing out

Archived