Questions about the beautiful game which have different answers. Opinons needed

hi all. iv got a few questions ill dive straight into it,

~if your striker has composure 20, technique 20 and finishing 20 when his morale is very low in a 1v1 with the keeper situation how likely do u think he is to scoring?

~the same striker in a 1v1 situation with keeper but its late in the game and u have chosen not to sub him, likely to score with his condition below 65%?

~same striker but hes happy and fit (lucky you) playing in december in the sleet/rain or snow - 1v1 with keeper less likely to score than in sunny august?

~you manage newcastle in the prem league and always play 442. up against chelsea or man utd for example would you change to a 4-5-1 or a more defensive formation, even though your players are more used to and suited to the 442, wot i mean here is playing a more defensive formation might lead to you conceading more goals as players arent used to it.

~whats more important when coaching defenders for example: coach's stats tactics 20 and defending 20 will get u 5 star training, but would you personally prefer someone with tactics 10 and defending 15 who has motivation 15 and displine 15?, as motivation and displine play a big part in player growth.

i have my own opinions and answers to these questions but i would like to hear what other people think,im long term player of this game but by no means do i think i know everything, far from it! thanks for reading.

~if your striker has composure 20, technique 20 and finishing 20 when his morale is very low in a 1v1 with the keeper situation how likely do u think he is to scoring?

~the same striker in a 1v1 situation with keeper but its late in the game and u have chosen not to sub him, likely to score with his condition below 65%?

~same striker but hes happy and fit (lucky you) playing in december in the sleet/rain or snow - 1v1 with keeper less likely to score than in sunny august?

I doubt you'll get an answer better than SWaRFeGa's here. You could take two strikers with 20 for finishing, composure & technique and they would produce different % results for your three questions above due to other factors.

~you manage newcastle in the prem league and always play 442. up against chelsea or man utd for example would you change to a 4-5-1 or a more defensive formation, even though your players are more used to and suited to the 442, wot i mean here is playing a more defensive formation might lead to you conceading more goals as players arent used to it.

Depends on my squad and how far into my save I am but in general I don't change formation for a particular team (at least to start with). I would probably give more defensive orders and be more cautious though.

~whats more important when coaching defenders for example: coach's stats tactics 20 and defending 20 will get u 5 star training, but would you personally prefer someone with tactics 10 and defending 15 who has motivation 15 and displine 15?, as motivation and displine play a big part in player growth.

In terms of coaching stars you need determination, discipline & motivation alongside primary skills although the primary skills are more important.

In terms of player growth a coaches skills aren't worth considering as they have very little effect. For this as long as the coach workload is light the difference between a 1* & 5* star coach is minimal.

Coaching stars are used much more when reshaping a player's attributes - The more stars, the faster is happens.

Define 1v1. What about the distance from goal, the how far the keeper is off his line, the attributes of the keeper, the angle to goal, is the striker on his strong or weak foot, how fast is the striker running, how much time does the keeper have to react, how many defenders are in proximity, where are they, how much pressure is on the player (e.g. is it a match winning chance, or are they already 5-0 up), how tired is the player, how good is the pitch, what are the weather conditions and so on. Maybe when you define all those things, someone can have a stab at putting a probability on his scoring.

My uninformed responses in bold - probably very obvious.

~if your striker has composure 20, technique 20 and finishing 20 when his morale is very low in a 1v1 with the keeper situation how likely do u think he is to scoring? Less likely than if morale is v high. Actual likelihood is impossible to know due to the randomness.

I dont think his condition would affect that much - more, it would affect his likelihood of being in the right spot etc. to actually make the chance

No difference IMO, the GK has the same conditions to deal with.

I usually play a formation in friendless to 'break the seal', so to speak. It depends on player availability. If i have 3 fit strikers and midfield injuries, I may chose a direct 4-3-3.

~whats more important when coaching defenders for example: coach's stats tactics 20 and defending 20 will get u 5 star training, but would you personally prefer someone with tactics 10 and defending 15 who has motivation 15 and displine 15?, as motivation and displine play a big part in player growth. All are important - all players are different.

i have my own opinions and answers to these questions but i would like to hear what other people think,im long term player of this game but by no means do i think i know everything, far from it! thanks for reading.

IMO opinion, having played about 20 seasons of FM10 now, one doesn't need to break things down to the nth degree to be successful. Winning games is probably 75% about choosing the right combination of tactics, team morale, half time talk and squad quality.

I can't say how many times I have scored and won games with 10 men vs 11. Ive just been able to find the right set of tactics that works. But if I asked you the question - what percentage of games would you expect to win playing a man down, the answer would be quite low.

my 2 bob

Archived