Is it possible to see a similar Liverpool's takover saga in future FM?

I think it would be interesting to see club takeovers issues making it more intense in future FM. With the current Liverpool situation in irl, Board politics are playing a big part with the managers and players future. In addition, fans protests and unhapinesss also plays a big part in club takoevers.

Imagine we just started to manage a new club and within months a new takover causes us to lose our job or players getting unhappy with current owners of not injecting money to the club. Such non footballing issues makes FM more interesting.

Furthermore in modern day football, club ownerships are playing a major role in running of a successful football club. A good example is Manchester Utd, even though with great success in football history, there are problems between club owners and the fans and the club just suffered overall losses.. It will be great if SI can implement such features to involve club politics to determine the success of the club and not just management alone.

this could be unlikely due to legal issuses.

I don't there would be any legal issues because the current FM do have takeovers but it is not very intense. What i am trying to say is to make club takeovers to play a vital role in affecting the club's performance and progress in FM. :)

To be honest modern day football and the ownerships in it are killing the sport itself. Owners are running clubs into debt while other owners are spending 10x the amount for very, very average players, inflating transfer market values.

Ultimately I don't think it's something that I'd want to see in a video game. As a Liverpool fan this ownership saga is absolutely shocking, and no club in football should never have to go through anything like this. I don't even want the other red team to experience such a thing. It's without a doubt damaging the health of the sport in general, and I can't help but shake my head at it.

Contrary to running clubs into the ground, don't even get me started on sugar daddies. It's fun in FM, but in real-life it's shocking. Look no further than 24m for Lescott. In all aspects it's just unbelievable how everything is run today.

To be honest modern day football and the ownerships in it are killing the sport itself. Owners are running clubs into debt while other owners are spending 10x the amount for very, very average players, inflating transfer market values.

Ultimately I don't think it's something that I'd want to see in a video game. As a Liverpool fan this ownership saga is absolutely shocking, and no club in football should never have to go through anything like this. I don't even want the other red team to experience such a thing. It's without a doubt damaging the health of the sport in general, and I can't help but shake my head at it.

Contrary to running clubs into the ground, don't even get me started on sugar daddies. It's fun in FM, but in real-life it's shocking. Look no further than 24m for Lescott. In all aspects it's just unbelievable how everything is run today.

I agree with u mate. In the end it is the lifelong supporters are suffered in the end when their beloved clubs are ruined by the owners who give false hopes of bringing success to the clubs. And talking about players loyalty, i don't think the current stars Man city are passionate about playing for the club. Its all about the money and it ****es me off when they claim the luv for the club and not for money. Lescott's 24mil could be justified if he is in the same mould as Maldini, baresi or Bobby Moore but who the hack is he..

Excellent post - thanks!

I don't there would be any legal issues because the current FM do have takeovers but it is not very intense. What i am trying to say is to make club takeovers to play a vital role in affecting the club's performance and progress in FM. :)

Takeovers with their transfer embargos can already have a dramatic effect in FM10. Also you can be sacked when new owners come in. The OP's suggestion is not terrible but I think that other areas demand attention before this.

Some clubs find themselves deeper in the brown stuff than I'd expect this game to replicate.

If it was to replicate the real financial struggles, each season you'd find a handfull of clubs in the lower leagues who either face forced relegation or end up liquidated into oblivion. How many times in recent years have the bottom four in the Conf National actually all been relegated?

EXACTLY. Yaya Toure - £30M

Javier Mascherano £19 ??

Javier is better

Javier is younger

so WHY is Yaya worth more ??

EXACTLY. Yaya Toure - £30M

Javier Mascherano £19 ??

Javier is better

Javier is younger

so WHY is Yaya worth more ??

he's worth more to the club that wants him, i agree that players like Lescott and Toure are not worth the amount that teams buy them for, but if smaller teams want to keep hold of there players like Lescott then they will say that they want a stupid amount of money, Tottenham done it with Berbatov, Blackburn done it with Bentley, Everton done it with Rooney and Lescott, its just what happens now.

How on earth would you code for something like the current takeover situation?? Would love to see the new ownership in the game - no debt and maybe a decent kitty for a few players.

Well thats for the programmers to do the job. I think nothing has been concluded about the new owners so i don't think they will be starting as the new owners for pool in FM

Well thats for the programmers to do the job. I think nothing has been concluded about the new owners so i don't think they will be starting as the new owners for pool in FM

The thread is about the possibility of seeing it in the game, hence my opinion. Even a great programmer would struggle to put code in place to foresee and bring the things that have happened into the game. It's too complex, too high a level of law and just too unpredictable (Texas!!!)

I agree that it is unlikely to make it into the 1st release of the game. However NESV are claiming to be the legal owners now in court. So who knows. I will certainly be editing the game to reflect real life as best I can.

The thread is about the possibility of seeing it in the game, hence my opinion. Even a great programmer would struggle to put code in place to foresee and bring the things that have happened into the game. It's too complex, too high a level of law and just too unpredictable (Texas!!!)

I agree that it is unlikely to make it into the 1st release of the game. However NESV are claiming to be the legal owners now in court. So who knows. I will certainly be editing the game to reflect real life as best I can.

I'll be doing the same. Wouldn't want this saga in the game. Its just crazy and as a LFC fan just too painfull. Wouldn't even wish this on Man Utd!!!

It works fine in game at the moment, takeovers do happen, takeover attemps do fail, it can take a long time to sort out.

This is a management game after all, as the manager there really is nothing you can do to influence this area of football. The only thing you are really asking for is a bunch more juicy headlines in your inbox about the ins and outs of what is going on in the deal which you have no input towards. It would be hard to get this right, after all if you found yourself at a club in England with a pair of leeches pouring debt onto the club and it told you it couldn't be taken over because some bloke in Texas with absolutely no power over any parties in involved said so you would feel there was some sort of bug involved in the game.

he's worth more to the club that wants him, i agree that players like Lescott and Toure are not worth the amount that teams buy them for, but if smaller teams want to keep hold of there players like Lescott then they will say that they want a stupid amount of money, Tottenham done it with Berbatov, Blackburn done it with Bentley, Everton done it with Rooney and Lescott, its just what happens now.

what do you mean smaller clubs? since when have man city been a bigger club than Everton?

what do you mean smaller clubs? since when have man city been a bigger club than Everton?

Just over two years now.

I think the current takeover modules are fine- events as complicated as the recent ones at Liverpool will not be in the game for years and years.

Archived