Player Personal Life in FM11?

Hi, I don't want to sound like a sadist, but given Wayne Rooney's current poor form for club and country, would it be a problem to have player personal lives interfering more actively with their on-pitch form? I love him to bits and he's a top player, but Rooney is clearly distracted by his off-pitch troubles at the moment. Would add a dimension to the management side of things to go along with the supposedly revamped interaction system, in my opinion.

In the game, I've had people (like new foreign signings in lower league clubs) complaining about 'personal issues' and requesting time off for a month or so, and sometimes they chain up these requests, but I refused him the luxury after his third request and played him regardless for a month, and he averaged 7.23. Not to say that this is impossible in real life, but I've hardly seen the more 'human' side to players that sets them apart from the statistics. I think a bit too much is left to the imagination (although it could just be me) and there could be a greater effect of partying (especially in the funkier places like Milan and Madrid...lol) on the performances of low Professionalism players and the like.

It would also be cool to, as a man-manager, be able to protect your player and establish a greater bond, etc. to develop the interaction side further.

This is basically an inquiry of such a feature in FM11 and, as it's clearly too late for new aspects in the game now, a suggestion for future games.

It maybe doesn't happen often enough but players do go out partying and they do have personal problems. I think the 'out late at a bar' thing only happens for regens though.

They couldn't have real players cheating on their partners and stuff due to legal reasons so I think the 'has personal problems' feature is fine. Like I said, maybe it doesn't happen quite often enough.

i agree, i would like this in the game more. but the poster above makes a good point, legal reasons would stop this happening, although it would be funny seeing a headline on FM saying "Terry sleeps with Lampard" and then the two players love eachother.

Fixed :p

Yeah, I totally understand the legal reasons thing and obviously stuff like sleeping with teammates' wives (or teammates) is a bit over the top in a football game, but perhaps it indeed is that such events don't happen enough. I just think that it would help liven the game up a little after weeks and weeks of match after match, to finally have to deal with a player on a more personal level.

I'd like some variation in the Personal issue things. Maybe a bit more information would be great. Ie John Terry has a big personal issue which may cause him some problems in the coming weeks, John Terry has a little personal issue which might mean he is a bit down over the next few days.

I find it only usually happens to foreign players in the games I play.

Archived