Do young players always fufill their potential?

sometimes i see young teenage players with potential of like 190-200 (balotelli has 200 potential in one of my games in 10.3)

quite simply, do they always reach their potential? and what can you do to ensure they do?

another example, i saw a young player (enzo zidane as it happens) who had potential of like 190 but his current ability was something like 30, so what would it take for him to reach his potential of 190 when he is currently just on 30?

No, as in real life, young players do not always fulfill their potential. I have many good young talents, in fact too many. Not all of them get playing time and thus not all reach their potential. The way I see it, the best way to improve a player is giving him matches in which he performs well. So if he is too weak for your first team, you should think of loaning him to a club at a lower level. Tutoring is also helpful, as it increases stats like determination which also help a player improve.

If a player has high determination and high hidden attributes such as professionalism, they will be more likely to reach their potential. In Enzo's case with 30 CA, (lol) it would take a long time to reach 190 PA if he eventually did. Like some said before me, you can ensure they reach their potential through getting them match experience and through tutoring them.

There are many things that affect growth in FM.

- number of first team starts

- determination, ambition and professionalism attributes

- tuition from older players

If a player's CA is 30, I would have to say in my opinion that he will never reach 190. Depends on how old he is, but even when someone is 14,15 in game, they have to be around 90ish to reach up to 190 in their mid 20s.

No..

I have bought 2 regens, A 20 years old has 3.5 potential star rating and B 21 years old has 3..

After 4 seasons B is my starter (he is a CM) while A still fighting for the bench (he hs a CM too)..

I don't know what happened, am I ruin his career or he is just doesn't has what it takes to be a top player as I use the same approach to both players in 2 and half seasons..

I am playing with Milan and if a player has 3.5 potential rating he should be really good.

Now A current rating is 2 while B is 3..

Sorry I can't show the screenshot as I am using my phone.

No..

I have bought 2 regens, A 20 years old has 3.5 potential star rating and B 21 years old has 3..

After 4 seasons B is my starter (he is a CM) while A still fighting for the bench (he hs a CM too)..

I don't know what happened, am I ruin his career or he is just doesn't has what it takes to be a top player as I use the same approach to both players in 2 and half seasons..

I am playing with Milan and if a player has 3.5 potential rating he should be really good.

Now A current rating is 2 while B is 3..

Sorry I can't show the screenshot as I am using my phone.

Might be that B has better Ambition, Professionalism and Determination than A and thus he has improved more. It also depends on who gets more playing time. By playing B more than A in league matches, he would most likely improve the most.

AFAIK the star ratings are an estimate against the best player in your squad in that position, so if he was 3,5* when you bought him, but you later on bought a new star player in your midfield, his rating would go down, even though he might actually have improved.

So many things affect how well players develop. It's often worth finding the players that are progressing quickly but have a lower PA rather than those with a massive PA that seem to be stagnating.

Games

Ambition, Proffesionalism

Tutoring

In that order IMO.

Especially with newgen youngsters I've found that it's actually a lot like real life. Often when you commit to buying players when they are 15 or 16, there's a big chance of them failing, and also you need to sacrifice performance for first team experience of those youngsters.

So rather than that, I normally choose to watch for them but only sign the ones who start performing well around the ages of 19-20. Sure it costs extra transfer fee sometimes but it saves a lot of headache in trying to nurture a 15 year old.

Archived